New Football Uniforms

Bluegrass_Jacket

Varsity Lurker
I debated if I should open this can of worms, but here goes. We are getting totally new uniforms for the 2011 season.

Now, can I post pictures, hell no! Have I seen the unis, yes. Will I answer questions or give hints about colors, style, etc, hell no. If the "powers that be" give me premission to post I will, but I doubt it.

I know some will say I am full of BS or what good is a post like this without any pics? As a die-hard fan, I was a bit suprised we will be changing our unis for the third straight year. But I really like how they look and I think the majority of Tech fans will agree.

Ok, go ahead debate what shade of gold we are using, or start bashing Russell, or say I don't know jack.

Write it down boys, we are getting new uniforms this year.

GO JACKETS, Bust their A##!!!!

How would the "powers that be" know you posted a pic or even described in detail what they'll look like?

I debated if I should open this can of worms, but here goes. We are getting totally new uniforms for the 2011 season.

Now, can I post pictures, hell no! Have I seen the unis, yes. Will I answer questions or give hints about colors, style, etc, hell no. If the "powers that be" give me premission to post I will, but I doubt it.

I know some will say I am full of BS or what good is a post like this without any pics? As a die-hard fan, I was a bit suprised we will be changing our unis for the third straight year. But I really like how they look and I think the majority of Tech fans will agree.

Ok, go ahead debate what shade of gold we are using, or start bashing Russell, or say I don't know jack.

Write it down boys, we are getting new uniforms this year.

GO JACKETS, Bust their A##!!!!

I do not doubt your word.

It appears to me that part of the Russell deal is we would get new designs every year, to hell with what they look like or tradition.

I just wish we could pick something classy (no weird stripes, etc.) and stick with it.

Crap, Penn St. - Auburn - nd - USC - Texas, it works for them.

Just describe what they look like. We won't tell anybody

2 sleeves, 1 neck hole, numbers on the front and back, some white, some gold.

just wish we could pick something classy (no weird stripes, etc.) and stick with it.

Crap, Penn St. - Auburn - nd - USC - Texas, it works for them.

Then the jersey manufacturer wouldn't get to sell new jerseys every season, requiring you to buy a new one every 3 years or so. The teams you mentioned stick with the same design because they have very large fan bases and sell tons of jerseys regardless of design.

ZThat's weird because usually at Russell my friend says they don't even talk about uniform design options with Tech til atleast late april/early may

If what you said is true then they must of had these discussed sometime last year

Then the jersey manufacturer wouldn't get to sell new jerseys every season, requiring you to buy a new one every 3 years or so. The teams you mentioned stick with the same design because they have very large fan bases and sell tons of jerseys regardless of design.

No way I could care any less how many jerseys the manf. sells.

I am talking about looking classy. That is where it starts.

This is one of the worst threads ever. It's literally "I have seen something, will I tell you what it is? No. Now discuss."

Mods, please ban.

No way I could care any less how many jerseys the manf. sells.

I am talking about looking classy. That is where it starts.

The jersey manufacturer cares, and as a result, I bet it's factored into the contract (likely some requirement to change at least once every X years). If the GTAA went to a permanent classic uniform, they would leave money on the table.

This is one of the worst threads ever. It's literally "I have seen something, will I tell you what it is? No. Now discuss."

Mods, please ban.
+1
I know the OP probably thought he was doing a service but unless you want to describe the new unis this is no better than a "I know something you dont know" post.

Describe/pictures or ban.

Please describe it. I'm shaking so hard, there are now holes in the wall and ceiling. TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!

They just need a contract with Oregon....that will keep them busy.

They just need to sign a deal with Oregon. That will keep them in business.

Back