New Helmet!

With the GT logo........now it reminds me of snakeskin? Hmmm...

I wanted to see how they'd look with logos. I thought the T would look better (I did some simplifying of it, now it looks like a Texas Tech helmet). I guess the GT is really the way to go, in terms of presenting something that is retains our brand identity.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

Also, it looks like this company may have been responsible, and though you can't tell in Synjyn's picture, the lines may be gold.
I hope the lines aren't gold like that. That design I absolutely hate. The honeycomb will only work if it's subtle enough not to notice at a distance. That gold looks atrocious.

I wanted to see how they'd look with logos. I thought the T would look better (I did some simplifying of it, now it looks like a Texas Tech helmet). I guess the GT is really the way to go, in terms of presenting something that is retains our brand identity.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

The GT is pretty Bad-A.

So are we fairly certain these will only be a ONE-time deal? Now that I've seen them, I wouldn't mind them being our permanent helmets, if the finished product looks good and the players like 'em.

So are we fairly certain these will only be a ONE-time deal? Now that I've seen them, I wouldn't mind them being our permanent helmets, if the finished product looks good and the players like 'em.

There's no way they're our regular helmets. These will be occasional at most. Our helmets will be gold.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

ok, theyre growing on me a little bit. i agree that they remind me of what nike has been doing with the procombat uni helmets (florida had the light gatorskin, tcu had horned frog skin? etc) and as long as it is faint and not overpoweringly obvious it is kind of cool.

ken is just reporting what he is told. i'm sure the aa wants to keep everything a surprise. the fact that days had to take his pic down supports that, as does that article leaked earlier in the offseason that said we would come out in our old unis for warmups then change for the game.

i'm not huge on using the honey/hexacomb pattern across the board. it is a little cheesy to me. i hated when the baseball dugouts got covered with it a few years ago. hopefully the jerseys don't incorporate it. the helmet is enough.

I hope the lines aren't gold like that. That design I absolutely hate. The honeycomb will only work if it's subtle enough not to notice at a distance. That gold looks atrocious.

That was obviously a work in progress helmet, so I wouldn't judge an unfinished product.

ok, theyre growing on me a little bit. i agree that they remind me of what nike has been doing with the procombat uni helmets (florida had the light gatorskin, tcu had horned frog skin? etc) and as long as it is faint and not overpoweringly obvious it is kind of cool.

ken is just reporting what he is told. i'm sure the aa wants to keep everything a surprise. the fact that days had to take his pic down supports that, as does that article leaked earlier in the offseason that said we would come out in our old unis for warmups then change for the game.

i'm not huge on using the honey/hexacomb pattern across the board. it is a little cheesy to me. i hated when the baseball dugouts got covered with it a few years ago. hopefully the jerseys don't incorporate it. the helmet is enough.

I think to make it look right you have incorporate the comb into the pants or shirts. It can be as simple as something like a stripe on the pants or portion of the jersey.

Is it wrong that I actually think it looks worse now that I can see the gold?

Back