New jerseys

Absolute crap. Completely bush league. We'll probably never go back to our timeless look now that the players are deciding. It's so short sighted.

Surely you jest. They're not my favorite either, but bush league? I don't get it.

Bleh. But as my Ohio State friend said once when I ragged on their hideous togs, "I'll still root for them if they wear clown suits and big, floppy shoes!"

Which timeless look are you referrring to? White with gold numbers, white with blue numbers, gold, old gold, blue, jerseys with stripes on the sleeves or without? gold helmets or white, gold with stripes, gold with the GT or gold without? We've worn all those in my lifetime...so I'm not sure which ones you like.

:pat: d'oh, forgot black.

I try to keep looking at them every once in a while and they are growing on me. I'm excited to see all three variations today.

Patricularly, I want to see if my hunch is correct that the White and Blue jerseys will be basically the same design but the Gold will be more traditional and worn for homecoming, thus appeasing the older and more traditional crowd.

In my mind, having White as our home and away jersey with Blue being a special game (Thursday Night, Florida State, Clemson, whatever) and Gold being traditional and for homecoming, everyone gets what they want through the course of the season.

For those of us not able to go to the Encounter today, snag some pics of the guys in the new unis. All variations if you can.

Patricularly, I want to see if my hunch is correct that the White and Blue jerseys will be basically the same design but the Gold will be more traditional and worn for homecoming, thus appeasing the older and more traditional crowd.

That was an excellent hunch, but I'm afraid you aren't correct :)

I saw all three variations in person about a month ago but I kept my mouth shut about it. But since the cat is out of the bag, I may as well spill the beans...

The two other sets are navy blue and mustard gold. Both of them are the same design as white, with the piping/stripes. If I remember correctly, the mustard gold jerseys had a blue trim and the blue jerseys had a mustard gold trim, but don't quote me on that.

The material has been changed, as well. These jerseys are made out of some material I've never seen before, very stretchy! So they'll be worn tight (another poster in this thread asked about that).

For those of us not able to go to the Encounter today, snag some pics of the guys in the new unis. All variations if you can.

Everyone seems to be under the impression that the players will be wearing the new uniforms today. I'm positive that a press release (that someone posted on this message board) said they WON'T be wearing the new uniforms and they'll be officially unveiled on August 19th. Am I wrong?

Everyone seems to be under the impression that the players will be wearing the new uniforms today. I'm positive that a press release (that someone posted on this message board) said they WON'T be wearing the new uniforms and they'll be officially unveiled on August 19th. Am I wrong?
Yes, you are. They scrapped the 8/19 function and will be wearing them today.

That was the original plan, but according to the ajc, they scrapped it and they're gonna go with the new unis.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/tech/entries/2008/08/01/seems_like_a_go.html

it's one of the last bulleted points

Oh no, change at Georgia Tech. Lets go with the uniforms from the 1930's and yeah lets wear leather helmets too. While we are at it, let try to win with all white players because desegregation never should have occurred.

Get over it! This is for the players, not a bunch of set in their ways, middle age, wonder bread eating white men.

I luv it! :laugher:

I like WrinkledJohnson's Blog. Its informative. Can't wait to see the new unis.

Which timeless look are you referrring to?
I was referring to the design, not so much the colors. I think our last uniform was a timeless, classy football uniform. Very simple and straight forward.

They're not my favorite either, but bush league? I don't get it.
There freakin' Arena League style. Which would be bush league compared to the NFL. That's cool if y'all want to look more like Miami and Oregon and the Philadelphia Soul. But me, I prefer Notre Dame's approach.

I was referring to the design, not so much the colors. I think our last uniform was a timeless, classy football uniform. Very simple and straight forward.

There freakin' Arena League style. Which would be bush league compared to the NFL. That's cool if y'all want to look more like Miami and Oregon and the Philadelphia Soul. But me, I prefer Notre Dame's approach.

I understand what bush league means, I just don't get calling your own team bush league.

I too prefer the single color jersey with single color numbers, maybe some trim. As long as they don't change our school colors I don't really care, esp. if they players voted on and want to wear the unis.

These jerseys are made out of some material I've never seen before, very stretchy! So they'll be worn tight (another poster in this thread asked about that).
Probably the same material as the nike uniforms that other team started trottin' out a few years back.

Here's a good pic from the AJC of the team in the unis:

slideshow_656945_techfanday.0803_9.JPG

I like that the pants don't have too much going on. DEFINITELY a different gold. Much more like the old gold. I liked the shiny, Vegas, gold, but I guess it's technically not "our" gold.

I'm glad the "GEORGIA TECH" across the front is smaller than on the bookstore version. I still like the old ones more, but they're not so bad.

Can't wait to see some football played in them...

Back