New licensed GT apparel brand — Section 103

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Hey everyone. A while back, I had a line of non-licensed college football apparel on my website, winsipedia.com. CLC, which manages most schools' licensing (here in Atlanta), asked me to shut it down, which led to a conversation about becoming a licensee.

I always heard and assumed it was nearly impossible and super expensive. Neither was true to the degree I thought, and long story short, I was accepted as an official Georgia Tech licensee.

I plan to add schools later, but I wanted the brand to have hidden Georgia Tech meaning. In both Bobby Dodd and McCamish, Section 103 is at the end of the home bench, where fans figuratively view themselves, as an extension of the team.

I launched today with my initial collection of licensed GT apparel. It includes a few things I found to be missing in the marketplace:
  • Tech Gold apparel — I quickly realized why there's not a lot out there. The only manufacturers that make the same color as adidas are other athletic apparel companies, so Tech Gold t-shirts are all polyester performance shirts. I looked all over for a good poly-cotton blend in the right color but haven't found it.
  • Apparel with the new wordmark — It (the one in the end zones and on the basketball court) was unveiled in 2018, and it's still hard to find on apparel. Most providers use their same template for all schools instead of our custom wordmark.
  • Women's and youth apparel that isn't cheesy — this isn't unique to Tech, but I'll add more of this as I go

Another thing I have that's exclusive is apparel with the ATL logo I designed for the football field.

Anyway, please check out the site, and use promo code STINGTALK for 10% off if you'd like to buy anything. You may notice Sean Bedford and Synjyn Days helped me out by being models. Super nice guys.

https://www.section103.com/
I would love a shirt that says either “Jolly Good Fellow” with the GT under it. Would also love one that says “I Drink My Whisky Clear” with the GT.

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
How about a 'NORTH AVENUE TRADE SCHOOL' shirt, basic gray/birch with black letters? Would be a tribute to our origin where basic trades of industry were taught.
Simple but elegant!

MEwreck02

Russian Hacker/Biologist
How about a 'NORTH AVENUE TRADE SCHOOL' shirt, basic gray/birch with black letters? Would be a tribute to our origin where basic trades of industry were taught.
Simple but elegant!
Need it in the performance material

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
And my wife has put in for one of the Disney style shirts with all of the things to do listed.

The Varsity
Tailgate
Ramblin Wreck
Win
The Horse

Wylie76

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
I've lost 53 lbs just so I can fit into one comfortably (actually, an XL may do now...). That's what hardcore fans do.
Same. I’m down 39 in 3 mths. But in the meantime. Comfort. I’d look like Jacque Custeau in a XL right now. You don’t want that treasure

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
Why do our coordinators have to talk to the press every week but our highest paid assistant does not have to?

whiskey clear

Banhammer'd
Ban Hammer'd
Great entrepreneurship. Fans have been crying for quality apparel that big corps don’t care to make and sale. Saw the demand and meeting it. Props.