New video board outside BDS

I really don't think my attitude of preferring to see and hear the band and fans rather than giant video boards and speakers has much to do with the state of the football program.

The attitude that we shouldn't compromise even an inch on academics for the sake of being better in football has a much, much bigger impact. That and the uniforms.

No he's right. Your altitude and the altitude of those like you is precisely the reason the program is in the state it's in. This idiotic belief that a Georgia Tech degree will not be as prestigious or valuable if you make it a little easier for kids you recruit to play football for you. I got news flash for you. We're not an ivy league school. And a degree from Stanford or Notre Dame or Miami still is still very valuable eventhough most of their players couldn't graduate with the normal curriculum. So by all means take your idiotic beliefs and shove them up where the sun dont shine.

No he's right. Your altitude and the altitude of those like you is precisely the reason the program is in the state it's in. This idiotic belief that a Georgia Tech degree will not be as prestigious or valuable if you make it a little easier for kids you recruit to play football for you. I got news flash for you. We're not an ivy league school. And a degree from Stanford or Notre Dame or Miami still is still very valuable eventhough most of their players couldn't graduate with the normal curriculum. So by all means take your idiotic beliefs and shove them up where the sun dont shine.

Dude... reading comprehension bro... he agrees with you...

...what?

How do you feel about the bag policy?

Man, I'm still annoyed by the changes to the bag policy. It was a legit benefit being able to bring a bunch of bottled water and some chips or something to a game, especially in the lower east where the sun is brutal and the concession lines are terrible.

The new video board looks kind of cool from afar - I can see it from the parking deck of my office on 14th St. It's pretty big and bright. Could be cool, could be an eyesore - I don't really trust our stadium production folks to use it to its full capabilities, given how inconsistent the in-stadium video stuff always is.

JRjr

Dude... reading comprehension bro... he agrees with you...

No he doesnt. He always bitched about for years about not budging on academics. What he came to a come to Jesus moment now he thinks we should?

No he doesnt. He always bitched about for years about not budging on academics. What he came to a come to Jesus moment now he thinks we should?

I think you're conflating two issues. I said that I would rather not have giant video boards and speakers at every turn because I prefer the atmosphere of the fans and the band, and he said that attitude is why our football program is in the state it is in.

I said video boards and speakers have very little to do with the state our football program is in, and that our attitude towards academics has a much, much bigger impact. Basically agreeing with what you said. And yes, I am one of those people who comes down on the "don't compromise much on academics" side.

Altitude? He’s high as a ööööing kite.

Did you know that if you pee from the top of the upper North off the stadium, the pee will totally dissipate before it makes it to the ground?

Unfortunately, this board is not all the way to the ground. So be careful with your drunk pissing so you don't short out the electronics.

Part of the charm of college athletics to me is the lack of stuff like this. I don't need my senses assaulted at every single turn by giant videos and speakers.

I'm perfectly happy walking up to the stadium and just taking in the sights and sounds of all the fans decked out in white and mustard gold and Vegas gold and throwback gold and Adidas gold.

/get off my lawn rant
I find leather helmets quaint.

Unfortunately, this board is not all the way to the ground. So be careful with your drunk pissing so you don't short out the electronics.
FB_IMG_1533929241138.jpg

Back