NIL starts today

vapspwi

Dodd-Like
TiVo deal is interesting. I wonder how that came about. Not exactly lucrative for the players, but they get some swag and we got some facility updates and maybe a little positive exposure it sounds like. I like that it’s a team thing and not an individual thing, which seems in line with our “culture.”

JRjr

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Truthfully, I didn't really know Tivo was still a thing, but I'm not up on this stuff.

andrew

Bobby Bonilla's Financial Planner
“We leveled the playing field and highlighted every member of the team in this partnership,” says Ben Maughan, SVP and GM of Consumer at TiVo. “And this is exactly how the TiVo Stream 4K works with content. We don’t prioritize certain channels or apps, all content is equally and easily discoverable based on a viewer’s preference. Top content and brand-new content have the same chance to be discovered, without limitation.”
lol

Still, pretty cool. I read that players are getting $404, which obviously doesn't compete with some of the sponsorships for bigger name and school players but is still an appreciated chunk of change for college kids.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like
Separately, did you guys see the $1.4MM Quinn Ewers is getting at Ohio State before even playing a game? Same thing with the QB at Alabama. This is where NIL has the potential to crush the 2nd tier programs?

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Separately, did you guys see the $1.4MM Quinn Ewers is getting at Ohio State before even playing a game? Same thing with the QB at Alabama. This is where NIL has the potential to crush the 2nd tier programs?
I can't wait til one of these HS guys gets a ridiculous NIL deal like that and is a complete bust. I honestly hope it's him. That will make some of these ridiculous boosters get a little tighter with the purse strings going forward.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like
I can't wait til one of these HS guys gets a ridiculous NIL deal like that and is a complete bust. I honestly hope it's him. That will make some of these ridiculous boosters get a little tighter with the purse strings going forward.
That’s going to happen sooner rather than later.

GTRules

You’re Mamma
I disagree. Those guys weren’t going to 2nd tier programs anyway.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Truthfully, I didn't really know Tivo was still a thing, but I'm not up on this stuff.
I used a TiVo OTA box about 6 years ago when I was off cable and trying the Sling route for other channels. It worked really well.

I'm not sure what their market is now though.