No we are not in The Top 25.

Not sure there will be more rankings issued until the day after Labor Day, but assuming we don't wet the bed against Georgia State and/or BC mops the floor with FSU, I would think so.

We have a decent chance to be 5-2 or 6-1 going into the ND game. Back half of the schedule gets real tough, but so long as we can take care of business in September those will be ranked on ranked match-ups.
I'm not sure who you are thinking about but I would say 5-2 might be a disappointment going into ND. I'm not really sure what team would even be favored over us before we get to ND.

It's gonna be challenging going 25-0, given we only play a max of 15 games this year. But if anyone can do it, this guy might pull it off.

1-0 so far.

200w.gif

I'm not sure who you are thinking about but I would say 5-2 might be a disappointment going into ND. I'm not really sure what team would even be favored over us before we get to ND.
Not sure how much they lost from year's 10-win team, but Louisville under Brohm is no cakewalk. UNC is not a gimme on paper, even though we've played well against them under Mack. Would be a pretty big disappointment to lose any of the others.

I think some of you need to pump the brakes a little bit. The staff is going to have their hands full getting the players grounded for next weekend. Hopefully the players remember those bad efforts against BGSU and BC last year and act like GSU is FSU again. GSU went to a bowl last year for a reason. This game is absolutely huge for GSU. If the team goes out and rolls the helmets out and loses, this board will be in meltdown mode next Saturday night.

The overall schedule on paper is still very tough.

Not sure how much they lost from year's 10-win team, but Louisville under Brohm is no cakewalk. UNC is not a gimme on paper, even though we've played well against them under Mack. Would be a pretty big disappointment to lose any of the others.
Louisville lost 10 starters.

UNC lost 11 starters including 1st round draft pick QB Drake Maye.

Louisville lost 10 starters.

UNC lost 11 starters including 1st round draft pick QB Drake Maye.
No doubt, and I think it's more likely we beat them than not. Plenty of the guys filling those roles were still good recruits though, and prior to today, the national perception was that they were better than us.

Back