No we are not in The Top 25.

I think some of you need to pump the brakes a little bit. The staff is going to have their hands full getting the players grounded for next weekend. Hopefully the players remember those bad efforts against BGSU and BC last year and act like GSU is FSU again. GSU went to a bowl last year for a reason. This game is absolutely huge for GSU. If the team goes out and rolls the helmets out and loses, this board will be in meltdown mode next Saturday night.

The overall schedule on paper is still very tough.

They need to show the BG "highlights" to the team early this week. Keep their mind rite.

I think some of you need to pump the brakes a little bit. The staff is going to have their hands full getting the players grounded for next weekend. Hopefully the players remember those bad efforts against BGSU and BC last year and act like GSU is FSU again. GSU went to a bowl last year for a reason. This game is absolutely huge for GSU. If the team goes out and rolls the helmets out and loses, this board will be in meltdown mode next Saturday night.

The overall schedule on paper is still very tough.
We’re not coaches. We’re fans. We don’t control what the 18-23 year old kids do during the week to prepare. But our program is in the hands of a man and staff that does. I trust them. I’m celebrating this öööö. And getting cocky.

We’re not coaches. We’re fans. We don’t control what the 18-23 year old kids do during the week to prepare. But our program is in the hands of a man and staff that does. I trust them. I’m celebrating this öööö. And getting cocky.
Sounds inherited, your mom's always celebrating getting cocky.

13 I’d guess. We looked fantastic in the trenches against a team that was supposed to be elite in the trenches.

I think 20ish and they'll only put FSU 1 or 2 spots behind us. Nevermind we win this game 8 times out of 10 the way we dominated the LOS and overcame tough breaks.

This. I hope not. We perform better as the underdog.
This is still my instinct, and probably any Tech fan that has been watching for longer than a decade. But sooner or later if we want to take that big step we couldn't take when we were losing annually to Florida State, we are gonna have to start winning all the games we're supposed to, and not collapsing just because we've got a 24 next to our name.

There are lots - looooooots - of reasons why this game seemed different from the big Tech wins of the past. The team played the game like we all probably imagine Tech playing every preseason but so rarely see. I genuinely can't remember the first time I got the sense that a Tech win - especially an opener - struck fear into the hearts of our upcoming opponents. Everybody from Georgia State to Notre Dame to NC State should be shaking in their Skechers right now. I don't give a öööö what Georgia is feeling, I know what they will be feeling in about three months.

But. ööööing meaningless if we don't handle business one week from right now. Like others have said, Georgia State is going to be hungry. I think it's good for us that we're playing it in prime time and not noon. But if we win a 13-10 sloppy snoozer, the hype for us from anyone outside Atlanta will vanish immediately and we'll still have a couple games to win before we will break into the polls.

Before and after the game today I heard our coaches and players repeatedly reference the FSU game as a business trip, and one or two of them were clearly toning down the enthusiasm in their interviews immediately following the game, saying now what mattered was beating Georgia State in Atlanta. You hear teams and coaches offer up that kind of lip service pretty regularly, but at least to me it seemed convincing in ways I guess it didn't in the past.

Blow the ööööers out. If we're really as good as we looked today and as we think we might be, then 168 hours from right now we should be asking whether it's smart to pull Pyron or let him try for the hat trick.

That's several paragraphs of nothing nobody here doesn't know, but I have a lot of feelings right now and I never want to lose another game ever i think we can do it

key prime.PNG

ESPN has us as underdogs to UNC and Louisville. They’re predicting 8-4 now.

Not endorsing, just reporting.
Not surprising. ESPN has a longtime love for UNC for whatever strange reasons. UNC has a very poor coach on their staff in an important role.

This is still my instinct, and probably any Tech fan that has been watching for longer than a decade. But sooner or later if we want to take that big step we couldn't take when we were losing annually to Florida State, we are gonna have to start winning all the games we're supposed to, and not collapsing just because we've got a 24 next to our name.

There are lots - looooooots - of reasons why this game seemed different from the big Tech wins of the past. The team played the game like we all probably imagine Tech playing every preseason but so rarely see. I genuinely can't remember the first time I got the sense that a Tech win - especially an opener - struck fear into the hearts of our upcoming opponents. Everybody from Georgia State to Notre Dame to NC State should be shaking in their Skechers right now. I don't give a öööö what Georgia is feeling, I know what they will be feeling in about three months.

But. ööööing meaningless if we don't handle business one week from right now. Like others have said, Georgia State is going to be hungry. I think it's good for us that we're playing it in prime time and not noon. But if we win a 13-10 sloppy snoozer, the hype for us from anyone outside Atlanta will vanish immediately and we'll still have a couple games to win before we will break into the polls.

Before and after the game today I heard our coaches and players repeatedly reference the FSU game as a business trip, and one or two of them were clearly toning down the enthusiasm in their interviews immediately following the game, saying now what mattered was beating Georgia State in Atlanta. You hear teams and coaches offer up that kind of lip service pretty regularly, but at least to me it seemed convincing in ways I guess it didn't in the past.

Blow the ööööers out. If we're really as good as we looked today and as we think we might be, then 168 hours from right now we should be asking whether it's smart to pull Pyron or let him try for the hat trick.

That's several paragraphs of nothing nobody here doesn't know, but I have a lot of feelings right now and I never want to lose another game ever i think we can do it
I’ll allow it.

Not surprising. ESPN has a longtime love for UNC for whatever strange reasons. UNC has a very poor coach on their staff in an important role.
The predictions are based on FPI. Not sure what goes into that (guess I could look it up if I cared) but it seems to always favor UNC.

I think FSU will fall farther than we rise but we have to stay patient and focused on the goals.

Back