No we are not in The Top 25.

Sagarin has us starting out at 62 and their rankings may not change until after Week 1. I'll gladly watch our climb from there.

Who cares. We are Georgia Tech which means we will continue to get little respect and be overlooked. Everyone that didn’t watch the game will just believe FSU is overrated or just laid the proverbial first game egg. Let’s stay under the radar…. that’s how we like it.

after the week 1 update, we'll be ORV'ing
Others Receiving Votes
another win or two and we'll be in

It was Week 0. A total of 6 FBS, 4 P4 conference teams played yesterday. Who cares about fake Polls right now? FSU will keep that #10 next to their name until 9/3 when the next set of irrelevant Polls come out. Y’all do realize the AP/Coaches Polls do not matter, right? The CFP Top 25 is all that counts. And honestly, the only one that matters is released on Sunday, December 8th.

Pretty simple. Just win the damn games each week, and the rest will fall into place.

The 12 team CFP is setup to where a team who wins the conference championship as a P4 team is in no matter what as a Top 4 seed. So even if GT was the mythical #25 team playing we’ll say #8 Clemson for the ACC Championship, GT is at worst #4 and getting a 1st round bye with a win.

If it makes y’all feel any better, here is CFN.com’s new Top 25. They have as much impact as the AP/Coaches Polls do at this point.

#22.

I think we sneak in. Certainly have one of the better wins out there. Gotta take it to Syracuse.

Might depend on what FSU does with BC. I want to see Tech in the top 25, but maybe the team would be better off not being ranked going into Syracuse.

Either way, I’ve been a proponent of no rankings coming out until the first week in October and definitely feel that should be the case with the 12-team playoff format.

I watched a lot of the games. We look like one of the better teams out there. We looked elite against FSU. If we take Syracuse to the woodshed it will raise some eyebrows.

Back