Not one to post UGA news usually. Check this out. RE: Scranton.

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
Dore-Dawg...

no matter what team you root for those comments were uncalled for that you made to lawbee.

This board is open to everyone to express opinions but that kind of trash belongs on the DawgVent and not here.

I have enjoyed our verbal sparring on the other thread regarding Tech and UGA but personal attacks such as this are not needed here.

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
oldfoggy...

sorry if I stepped on your toes. I posted a response on the Hive.

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
You are way out of line Dore-Dawg... and its quite obvious that you dont have kids...

Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:
Hey wannabe lawbee, your "legal analysis" of the Scranton situation as being "very serious" is a joke. The case will either get dismissed or at worst he'll get first offender probation in which event the conviction will be removed from his record once the probation is over with, but he's not going to spend any time in jail over this.

The fact that the judge gave him a personal recognizance bond shows how not serious this charge is. Your comparison of this to rape charges is further proof of your out of touch analysis.

My question to you is: are you a true lawbee (GT grad with a law degree), or are you just a season ticket holder with a JD? My guess is the latter b/c all the GT grads I knew in law school were sharp as tacs. I'll bet you went to Ga. Southern and John Marshall law. Please don't tell me you went to UGA law b/c if you did you're just reaffirming the false notion of weak academics at UGA to which so many on this board seem to subscribe.

Also, nice dodge on the question about Scranton's eligibility. If you don't know the answer, just fess up to it. Just b/c you have a JD doesn't mean you're up to date on the finer points of NCAA eligibility regulations. It's okay to admit your ignorance rather than trying to maintain the farce that you know everything.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Count me in with Beeware on this one...

Originally posted by beeware:
lb,
The felony charge against Scranton for bringing a decorative sword to decorate his dorm room is ridiculous and will be dropped. And you are ridiculous to make such a big deal out of such a minor thing. The idiots that found it should have told him it was not allowed and let him take it home. Simple as that....arresting him for a felony is as stupid as suspending an 8 year old for brining a small plastic knife to school to cut her birthday cake. Just something silly for you lawyers to do.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Dore-Dawg and I are separated by 3 office doors and graduated from the same law school.

He made his comments and then the internet went down so I could not respond.

Because we work in the same office I know he sees rapes, molestations, and robberies and compared to these crimes the decorative sword may not be a big deal.

But I stand by my earlier statements. ANY felony charge is a serious matter. And even if this young man were to get "first offender probation" it would still be a serious matter.

I think for people to discount this is an insult to the other 99% of student athletes that do not get arrested on felony charges during their college experience.

And people should read my earlier post which states that we should WAIT AND SEE. Unlike those who are RUSHING to state this is no big deal.

Gold Rush

Flats Noob
I'm with Beeware 100% on this one...
A decorative sword ? Come on...
When did we lose all since of reason in this country ?

Dore-Dawg

Varsity Lurker
For once, I am in %100 agreement with you guys. My attack was uncalled for and tasteless, but I wouldn't have done it if Lawbee and myself weren't close friends (We graduated from the same law class). Hell, I wouldn't even be on this board if he hadn't referred me to it. It's allgood between he and I.

Another reason for my posting was to expose the utter hypocrisy that I knew you all would display. It's okay to call UGA a commuter school, but once I attack Ga. Southern and John Marshall, we get stories about Vietnam Vets coming out of the woodwork. I can't help laughing when you all scream about academic elitism. If that's not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.

Further, to set the record straight, I don't disrespect the schools I referred to. I know many lawyers with John Marshall degrees who are ten times better lawyers than I am.

It's just so easy getting you guys riled up over nothing, I can't wait for this football season to start.

jacketguy

Damn Good Rat
Dore.. I think you missed my point...

I couldnt care less about the opinions as they relate to the academic qualities of various schools... I know that my choice has worked for me, and hopefully the choices of my kids will work for them... all the rest is just talk.

I thought you went overboard with a personal attack... we typically dont get into that on this board.... and, I say again I dont think you have children ... if a childs name and the word "felony" appear in the same sentence, it is serious... I dont care what the peripheral analysis constitutes.... but thats just my opinion...

beeware

Jolly Good Fellow
LB,
I looked up anal-retentive in the dictionary and it had your picture there. Imagine that. To say that you are full of it over this sword would be seriously understating it.

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
Yo Dore-Dawg let's watch the comments about Viet vets unless you don't want to be around any grass taller than the greens in Augusta! Have a nice day, slick.

THWG!

law_bee

Dodd-Like
Originally posted by goldeagle:
Yo Dore-Dawg let's watch the comments about Viet vets unless you don't want to be around any grass taller than the greens in Augusta! Have a nice day, slick.

THWG!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Dore's father is a Vietnam Vet. A marine aviator (intruders) who flew NUMEROUS combat missions in vietnam. Dore is very patriotic.

What was intended as a jab (I am a proud Ga Southern Grad) at me has gotten blown out of proportion.

I think Dore is disappointed with my lack of allegiance to Ugag law school.

As I stated earlier I have been a life long Tech fan but did not have the pleasure of attending GT.

Dore-Dawg

Varsity Lurker
Hey, I'm not the one who brought the Vietnam Vets into this discussion. I thought I was done apologizing for the day, but to any offended Vietnam Vets or any offended family members of Vietnam Vets, you have my sincere apology. My father served as a Marine in that war and I of all people am not out to disparage them.

Beesnut

Varsity Lurker
Dore-Dawg...

sorry but I was not bothered at all by your jabs at different schools. My problem with your comments were the personal attack.

I am a veteran as well and I was not offended by your comments.

Keep on posting we enjoy ya!

goldeagle

Dodd-Like
Yo Dore-Dawg! let's gather this crowd at some point in time, sooner than later, and I'll buy the first round for overreacting;Marine tac air was very kind to me on occasion, bring your dad too! Bombay Sapphire for the house!

Selah!

GoldenTornado

Flats Noob
Originally posted by Dore-Dawg:

Another reason for my posting was to expose the utter hypocrisy that I knew you all would display. It's okay to call UGA a commuter school, but once I attack Ga. Southern and John Marshall, we get stories about Vietnam Vets coming out of the woodwork. I can't help laughing when you all scream about academic elitism. If that's not a case of the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's called RIVALRY BASHING, Dore! Don't take it so seriously.

When someone says GT women are ugly and all GT men are pencil-necked D&D playing dorks, I don't get offended. There is some slight basis for fact in that stereotype, but it doesn't apply to every GT person or even the majority -- and most UGA graduates know that.

The same is true of UGA's academics. There is some basis for fact in calling it a weak academic school (how are you going to justify such programs as Consumer Economics?), but most of us know in reality that as a whole it is a quality public university and that a very good education can be had there.

Dore-Dawg

Varsity Lurker
Originally posted by goldeagle:
Yo Dore-Dawg! let's gather this crowd at some point in time, sooner than later, and I'll buy the first round for overreacting;Marine tac air was very kind to me on occasion, bring your dad too! Bombay Sapphire for the house!

Selah!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Sounds good, I was just thinking the same thing. Just name a time and place.

hoya jacket

Varsity Lurker
Glad that this has declined into criticizing Ga. Southern and John Marshall law. Wow that is really classy. My pops went to John Marshall law after coming back from Vietnam while flying full-time for Eastern. He has parlayed his supposedly worthless (especially since John Marshall went under I think) JD into a successful career. Don't think that having some sweet degree makes you better than everyone else. I went to what some might consider a top tier school, but don't go around taking a crap on other people's alma mater. Find another place for intellectual elitism.

oldfoggy

Dodd-Like
Beesnut you are indeed correct but some people just want to try to put everyone and their comments down. Also go to the hive and read my message primarily to you.

bellyseries

Dodd-Like
Dore-Dawg, I agreed with you on something earlier, but this crap is out of line. I happen to think Beeware is right on this issue, but there's no call for you to go after lawbee like that.

kirbee

Jolly Good Fellow
Dore-Dawg, that is one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen. It looks more like a pig. Is is squished to fit into the space requirement?