Not sure I like this....

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Based on what I gather from this discussion, we had three choices:

1) Pass on a slot receiver who will probably start for us next season and give us a key possession receiver.
2) Push an existing scholarship player out the door involuntarily.
3) Delay the enrollment of an incoming player from Spring to Summer semester.

Which option would you have chosen?
I would have kept my word. Apparently YMMV.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
You are making a lot of assumptions here that I cannot make because I do not have first hand knowledge of how this was handled or how any EE is handled. All I see is that the kid expected to enroll early and is not being allowed to and it apparently did not sit well with his HS Coach. Could have been the kids misunderstanding, could have simply been poor communication on our part or it could be the new way we do business. I do not know. We all have our thoughts and opinions and mine is no matter the reason, this is not the kind of situation you want to be in.
It is not an assumption. EE's are not guaranteed.
When you say, "Every EE was likely told....." that is an assumption.
Pretty odd for this old Tech BEE to see "EE" not having one damn thing to do with electrical engineering. LOL.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
Do you have proof that the Tech coaches did not keep their word?
Do you have proof that you have a brain?

Please quote where I said they didn't. I just saId I WOULD. And I think very clearly, YMMV. Unlikely that I would ever have a reason to be in business with you, so no skin off my back. Enjoy life!

Techbert

Dodd-Like

Please quote where I said they didn't. I just saId I WOULD. And I think very clearly, YMMV. Unlikely that I would ever have a reason to be in business with you, so no skin off my back. Enjoy life!
You seem to have a lot of words on a subject you know no detail about. Is that how you do business?

Or is your business to advise people on what to do when you don't know what is going on?

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like

And I am confident that the Tech coaches kept their word.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
My problem is the idea that we've deviously screwed this kid over, when we don't know the details of what happened. The only details we have is the Grayson head coach pitching a bitch fit on Twitter, and Haynes seemingly expressing disappointment but a great deal more poise than his former coach who is probably 2+ decades his senior. There's a big difference between some player screwing over a program on his way out the door, and an incoming player's enrollment getting delayed because the Final Crisis Of Man And The Portal is upon us.

I truly hate it for Jamal, and if we somehow did wrong by the kid then that's ööööed up and of course I'm not okay with it. I doubt anyone here would be, and if they are then öööö them. But I do not understand all the urgency I'm seeing to rush into self-flagellation. I feel like people are swallowing Carter's ridiculous macho nonsense whole and taking it as proof that we've done something clearly wrong here when we don't know the details.

edit: I am sorry I called you a douche.
And we know that twatter is a cesspool for the self important, "look at me" crowd.

OptionsJacket

BpBuSp
You're wasting your time. He's either a Georgia fan pretending to be a retarded Tech fan, or a StingTalker pretending to be a Georgia fan pretending to be a retarded Tech fan. Either way, deeply retarded.
Anyone that has responded to 82 since around September is retarded. Who willingly responds to a troll? Retards. That's who.

1982Jacket

Dropper of the F Bomb
You seem to have a lot of words on a subject you know no detail about. Is that how you do business?

Or is your business to advise people on what to do when you don't know what is going on?
The question was what would I do. I responded. In literally six words. Not a lot of words.

I have come to realize that you're not the sharpest tool in the shed, but please try, TRY, to keep up.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
I'm not looking up YMMV. I've never seen it before this thread and I just don't give a damn enough.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
Answer to OP is better get OK with it because it takes hard roster management like the Gleason move to win in the modern NCAA. And the more desirable we get, the more hard decisions and turnover we will see. That we are a desirable place for a lot of solid recruits and transfers is a good thing, and it seems clearly that this young man sees that but the coach doesn't. The only way to make sure this never happens to his players is to have them sign at schools that they are way better than.