Notes from Notre Dame Talk Show

BVG will back the whole defense up 5 yds to give them more time to react to the ball.

From what I've seen so far, Skov will be hitting them every play, not the other way around.

Is it just me or did Skov have a run against Tulane where it looked like he could have easily sidestepped the tackler but put his head down practically dove into him just to hit the guy?

Is it just me or did Skov have a run against Tulane where it looked like he could have easily sidestepped the tackler but put his head down practically dove into him just to hit the guy?

Not just you. I like to think that in other games he'll attempt the sidestep but yes, in a situation where Skov could have either stepped around or over a tackler, he lowered himself and went in for the hit.

Not just you. I like to think that in other games he'll attempt the sidestep but yes, in a situation where Skov could have either stepped around or over a tackler, he lowered himself and went in for the hit.

Probably, but honestly with how our offense tends to wear down and demoralize defenses I actually think it's pretty great... It may sacrifice a few yards in the moment but the mental toll it takes on the opponent's defense could open things up later in the game.

Brian VanGorder calls Lou Holtz in the middle of the night.

BVG: "Lou, I can't sleep, I need some advice."

Lou: "whatchzhsshch up?"

BVG: "I've got to defend that triple option, what would you do."

Lou: "Schzzhchswhhzchzzzhcmack the chzcuarterback in the mouthzczhx on every play. It makezchhzhswehz the pitchzzhczhshxhch come out faxxhcxzhcter and faxchshzzhchster."

BVG: "Thanks Dr Lou! I'll be sure to let everyone know my new plan on the radio show."

Lou: "Hold on a sxxcshec, I gotta chzchzhange my phone, itsscxh about to die becauxscxh itscxhs drowning in ssxchsaszhzxhshxaxhahwhzxhahhhuuuuuhaxhshchpit."

Outstanding!!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Stopping our offense is really pretty simple: put 8 men on the LoS to stuff the option on first and second down, putting us into 3rd and long - now here's the part that everyone misses - then switch to a prevent defense.

We'll go 3 'n out every stinkin time.

This post will self-destruct in 59 minutes and 17 seconds.

Stopping our offense is really pretty simple: put 8 men on the LoS to stuff the option on first and second down, putting us into 3rd and long - now here's the part that everyone misses - then switch to a prevent defense.

We'll go 3 'n out every stinkin time.

This post will self-destruct in 59 minutes and 17 seconds.

CPJ is reading this and losing his mind right now.

Skov was a blocker at Stanford. I think he forgets he has the ball at GT and just hits someone.

Yeah, but not last year. What's that tell you?

Blueprint.

We didn't fumble this year.

I don't remember them being backed up five yards before last season. I thought that was a new wrinkle.

Nah, same alignment. Go back and watch tape. They do that to keep their LB free of OL blockers, give us 4 yards a play, take the pitch away, and wait patiently for the fumble/pick. Worked in 2012 and 2013.

Back