official 2009/ 2010 recruiting thread

If we've got other prospects we like, I wouldn't mind Connor's offer getting yanked. The one game I saw him in, he didn't look great. Certainly less apt than Reggie Ball.

Well...offers are not everything but he certainly is much heavier recruited than Reggie Ball as we were the only school to offer him as a QB.

Steve Spurrier thought enough of him to offer him as a QB...as did Jim Grobe at Wake Forest....as did Jim Harbaugh at Stanford...as did West Virginia, etc.

I agree that I would not call Connor a "can't miss" prospect.

Great pickup with Denzel! Had over 30 offers. Says he is firm and will help recruit.

Mccoy also thinks B.J. Bostic will commit soon. That would be another huge pickup.

New article on Rivals about bj bostic. Sounds like were in great shape. He says we are still out front.

Good to hear about Bostic. Does anyone know anything about where we stand w/ Ryan Ayers and Lo Wood? From what I understand (I think from a previous Hivered post), if we got two of those three, the last to decide would be left out. Really just curious if there are any updates regarding Ayers and Wood.

Ryan Ayers - Great position.

Lo Wood - Not so much.

Look out for decisions coming from the following: Connor Shaw, Barry Bostic, Anthony Williams, and Ryan Ayers.

Has anybody heard about Jon Lee from Apalachee?

Ht: 5-10 Wt: 185 40: 4.40 (Scout.com)

Scout has a story about him up on the Georgia Tech front page. Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about him or seen him play...

Also, one more thing. With the concerns about the offensive line (depth, injuries), why doesn't CPJ go after more linemen?

Also, one more thing. With the concerns about the offensive line (depth, injuries), why doesn't CPJ go after more linemen?
I hope we're taking 4 more OLs in this class, and I hope we take 4 OLs in every class in the future.

I do not know how many we're targeting. I'd be interested to find out.

I believe were aiming to take 2 right now but will end up being three.

Also were in great shape with Ayers.

We'd take Ryan Ayers even if we filled up all of our slots. He's that good. I'm sure that summer workouts could run a few guys off to make room.

True.

I think ayers and bostic will be the two DB we get. That would be awesome.

Were going to offer another qb sometime I just wonder which one it will be.

^ nail meet hammer! But seriously williams has just said he is taking his time deciding. Shaw may commit to USC this weekend.

David Yankey said he enjoyed his visit here and hopes to land a offer from us.

Back