Official ACC Network Launch Day Thread

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I take it nobody watched The Huddle last night? Mark Richt is a total tool. They were basically going through the whole league and asking questions about the upcoming season, and they had Louisville and Tech together and and asked which program would be generating the most "buzz" after year 1? D-bag's answer was STTE of, "It won't be Tech after the butt whoopin they take from those bulldawgs at the end of the season." What a piece of ööööe homer. I bet you won't catch anybody on the SECNetwork saying anything like that about one of their conference schools. It's one thing to show a little favoritism to places you've been associated with, but he was being a bitch little fan boy. E Mac and EJ Manuel showed a little bit of favoritism to Clemson and FSU but they did it the right way.
I saw that but then I remembered he’s a ööööty coach that never won the big game. And he’s sitting in that studio because he can’t coach.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
I saw that but then I remembered he’s a ööööty coach that never won the big game. And he’s sitting in that studio because he can’t coach.
Still pisses me off that he has to use his platform to take pot-shots at GT. None of the other guys do that.

ETBee

Varsity Lurker
Anyone know what the deal is with TDS? The ACC Network says it is carried on TDS in my area, but TDS seems to know nothing about it. Nothing was showing up last evening.

coit

Still pisses me off that he has to use his platform to take pot-shots at GT. None of the other guys do that.
Yeah, he shouldn’t have said it, and he certainly shouldn’t have doubled down when the other guys gently called him on it.

Deke

Everybody relax, I'm here.
Based on the reviews here, I get why a lot of you seem disappointed. But did anyone really expect to be getting a bunch of quality original programming? I thought the main point was just a central platform for live ACC sports and replays of classic ACC games.

Last edited:

RamblinWreck27

Jolly Good Fellow
The fact that Wes Durham got a 3 hourly daily podcast stream out of this is victory enough. My work morning listening just got sweeter with his docile, yet sultry tones.

AugustaJacket

Helluva Engineer
Based on the reviews here, I get why a lot of you seem disappointed. But did anyone really expect to be getting a bunch of quality original programming? I thought the main point was just a central platform for live ACC sports and replays of classic ACC games.
I am not necessarily surprised, but I hoped with the much bally-hooed launch so close to football season and with the ACC having the reigning national champs, that we'd see more in-depth football coverage/excitement right out of the gate and not UNC/Duke basketball stuff. I actually enjoyed the '86 Duke program just because I like stuff like that. I just didn't expect that to be the focus on the first night.

Oh, and öööö Mark Richt.

coit

The fact that Wes Durham got a 3 hourly daily podcast stream out of this is victory enough. My work morning listening just got sweeter with his docile, yet sultry tones.
They've been on SiriusXM for a while now I believe. I think the only change was to make a studio in Packer's basement.

coit

Follow up for those with Spectrum but no network channel until 9/6:

I just logged into Watch ESPN at work and searched for ACC Network and they list the upcoming GT v Clemson game. So I guess we can watch it online just not through our cable boxes until 9/6.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can you watch other ACCN content and stream live right now?

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
No. I just tried it and it is blocked. Dammit.

I don't have Hulu but can borrow login credentials.
Bounce around the free weekly trials of YouTube TV, PS Vue, and Hulu Live, until your carriage issues get resolved.

...Or immediately come to the dark side and start streaming permanently.

coit

No. I just tried it and it is blocked. Dammit.

I don't have Hulu but can borrow login credentials.

I'm getting this when logging into espn.com/watch with my DirecTV credentials.

Tshirt Man

Varsity Lurker
I take it nobody watched The Huddle last night? Mark Richt is a total tool. They were basically going through the whole league and asking questions about the upcoming season, and they had Louisville and Tech together and and asked which program would be generating the most "buzz" after year 1? D-bag's answer was STTE of, "It won't be Tech after the butt whoopin they take from those bulldawgs at the end of the season." What a piece of ööööe homer. I bet you won't catch anybody on the SECNetwork saying anything like that about one of their conference schools. It's one thing to show a little favoritism to places you've been associated with, but he was being a bitch little fan boy. E Mac and EJ Manuel showed a little bit of favoritism to Clemson and FSU but they did it the right way.
He should have been fired on the spot. He is on the ACC network promoting a sec team over an ACC team. They should have immediately cut to commercial and shown him the door.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
Wes Durham advancing in the media circles is one the best things to happen to Tech sports and how we are perceived. Sure, I miss him calling our games, but whenever Tech comes up he's a great ambassador for us. I've heard him explain the challenges of Tech on national radio, and what it actually means for student athletes who go here. Not to mention, he's a great and funny guy.

coit

I got the exact same message with Spectrum.
I had issues previously in trying to watch the ACC Network Extra content (typically basketball games) on my TV. It would work fine on my computer or on a tablet running their app, but would not work with the app on my Android TV or on a Roku. Hopefully they will get the kinks worked out soon.