Official ACC Network Launch Day Thread

ETBee

Varsity Lurker
Cancel TDS. Go with YouTubeTV for a month. After a month, TDS will send you excellent preselected "clawback" offers that will slice your previous bill by 1/3 to 1/2.

Or just leave with no intention of returning, which is what i did. I'll probably take their offer of 1 GIG service for 49/month for 2 years, but no need for the TV packages.
Unfortunately, YouTube TV doesn't have channels that SWMBO considers vital.

samsgt02

Dodd-Like
The ACCN has had 2 years to prepare for this and IMO they have failed miserably. The 1st game of the season starts in 2 freaking days and none of the main cable companies are on board yet.
Or the cable companies suck.

GTFLETCH

Dodd-Like
Below are the major carriers who aren't on board the ACCN bus and the status of their carriage contracts with Disney. Please correct me if I've got anything wrong:

DISH -- Their contract with Disney is already up. They must be very near agreement or Disney would have already pulled the plug.
Comcast -- Their contract with Disney runs until 11/2022. The say they're talking with Disney. We have no idea how serious the talks are.
ATT Uverse -- Signed a "long term deal" with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been rumors of "binding arbitration" but these are just rumors. If it were already known for sure that Uverse was going to carry ACCN, wouldn't it be in the best interests of both ATT and Disney for Uverse to start carrying ACCN now while arbitration sorted out the exact price tag? Still, since it was already known in 3/18 that the ACCN was coming, I can imagine a provision in the carriage contract providing for arbitration on the ACCN bill.
Cox -- Also signed a "long term" deal with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been no rumors about "binding arbitration" with Cox but if there's such a provision in the ATT Uverse contract, there might be one in the Cox contract which was signed at the same time.
Frontier -- I can't find anything about their carriage agreement with Disney. They have flatly announced they're not carrying ACCN. Of course, they could always change their minds.

RussianOffense

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ
I did Hulu one week free trial because I already had a Hulu account.

I'm hoping Sling will get ACC Network soon because it'd surely be cheaper than $45/mo. I don't watch TV besides college football.

gtgtgt1

Dodd-Like
For YouTube TV, my stream on TV looks like öööö...haven't canceled DirecTV yet just for tonight. But....is the poor quality expected on TV viewing through YouTube, or is my TV / internet just not to par?

wgardiner3

Varsity Lurker
For YouTube TV, my stream on TV looks like öööö...haven't canceled DirecTV yet just for tonight. But....is the poor quality expected on TV viewing through YouTube, or is my TV / internet just not to par?
Not sure what internet you have but my quality is good. I have the 150MB Comcast package. I noticed when I first got YouTube TV that it automatically set my quality to 480 and I had to change it.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Below are the major carriers who aren't on board the ACCN bus and the status of their carriage contracts with Disney. Please correct me if I've got anything wrong:

DISH -- Their contract with Disney is already up. They must be very near agreement or Disney would have already pulled the plug.
Comcast -- Their contract with Disney runs until 11/2022. The say they're talking with Disney. We have no idea how serious the talks are.
ATT Uverse -- Signed a "long term deal" with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been rumors of "binding arbitration" but these are just rumors. If it were already known for sure that Uverse was going to carry ACCN, wouldn't it be in the best interests of both ATT and Disney for Uverse to start carrying ACCN now while arbitration sorted out the exact price tag? Still, since it was already known in 3/18 that the ACCN was coming, I can imagine a provision in the carriage contract providing for arbitration on the ACCN bill.
Cox -- Also signed a "long term" deal with Disney in 3/2018. We don't know how long it is but it won't be up anytime soon. They say they're talking with Disney but we have no idea how serious the talks are. There have been no rumors about "binding arbitration" with Cox but if there's such a provision in the ATT Uverse contract, there might be one in the Cox contract which was signed at the same time.
Frontier -- I can't find anything about their carriage agreement with Disney. They have flatly announced they're not carrying ACCN. Of course, they could always change their minds.

I read somewhere that DISH got ACCN up just before the game started. Does anyone know? Sling as well?

gtg970g

Dodd-Like
I'm surprised Comcast still hasn't picked up the ACC Network. I figured they would get a deal done by basketball season. I'm going to run out of free trials if they don't get a deal worked out soon.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I am paying for Hulu Live until the end of football season. For basketball I will just catch the games that FSS or ESPN pick up.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I'm surprised Comcast still hasn't picked up the ACC Network. I figured they would get a deal done by basketball season. I'm going to run out of free trials if they don't get a deal worked out soon.
I thought I'd be the last person on Earth to be a cable-cutter because I really liked my X-One package from Xfinity.

Unfortunately for them, I actually did my free trial of Hulu to watch the Clemson game and realized I can get pretty much everything I was watching on Comcast but get it for about $80 per month cheaper than with my Comcast. So I put Firestick 4K's on my 2 televisions that aren't smart TVs and had everyone try Hulu for a week. At the end of the week, noone in my house complained so I called Comcast and kept my gigabit internet with them but dumped the television part of the package.

It's been a bit over 2 months now and I actually like the Hulu better now because it's pretty much just as easy to navigate (voice with Alexa and all) and I also get easier access to YouTube, Amazon Prime tv etc all in one place now with the Firestick. Plus that roughly $1k per year saved is pretty nice as well.