Official Bama puts a whoopin' on the Mutts thread (we like one set of rednecks over the other)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analyzing the game - A lot of people, particularly DAWG fans, believe the key to UGA beating Bama is blitzing. It's true Young destoyed them in the first game with his passing and they had no sacks. However, I believe the dawgs should have watched Cinci play Bama and learn. Cinci's defense did a fairly good job they just got zero help from their offense in keeping the defense off the field. Cinci defense lined up with 5 and no more than 6 in the box and two deep safeties ALWAYS. Bama had no choice but to run the ball which Bama did successfully but it was a grind.

UGA has better dlinemen and linebackers than Cinci. If I were Kirby, I would run a similar defense and give up some yards but avoid the big play and hope my front 6 can make some plays against the run. Bama receivers even with Minghie out are too good for UGA cornerbacks. Nobody, not even Clemson, has had wide receivers like Bamma. Small but fast and quick who are good route runners that are uncoverable. You let those guys get one on one on you and you are dead and UGA is no different. Plus Young is good at buying time against blitzes.

UGA knows their QB cannot win the game and will have to win 24-21 if they win. They are not going to score 40 to beat Bama. Will be interesting to see what defense Kirby plays. Auburn did an unreal job against Bama with their front 4 rushing but it doesn't appear UGA can do that so they better play Cinci style and grind it out IMO.

Analyzing the game - A lot of people, particularly DAWG fans, believe the key to UGA beating Bama is blitzing. It's true Young destoyed them in the first game with his passing and they had no sacks. However, I believe the dawgs should have watched Cinci play Bama and learn. Cinci's defense did a fairly good job they just got zero help from their offense in keeping the defense off the field. Cinci defense lined up with 5 and no more than 6 in the box and two deep safeties ALWAYS. Bama had no choice but to run the ball which Bama did successfully but it was a grind.

UGA has better dlinemen and linebackers than Cinci. If I were Kirby, I would run a similar defense and give up some yards but avoid the big play and hope my front 6 can make some plays against the run. Bama receivers even with Minghie out are too good for UGA cornerbacks. Nobody, not even Clemson, has had wide receivers like Bamma. Small but fast and quick who are good route runners that are uncoverable. You let those guys get one on one on you and you are dead and UGA is no different. Plus Young is good at buying time against blitzes.

UGA knows their QB cannot win the game and will have to win 24-21 if they win. They are not going to score 40 to beat Bama. Will be interesting to see what defense Kirby plays. Auburn did an unreal job against Bama with their front 4 rushing but it doesn't appear UGA can do that so they better play Cinci style and grind it out IMO.
I want to see Bama keep killing them ugag fat boys with no-huddle, quick executing offense

So what's the drinking game tonite?

Take a drink every time

Saban as GOAT gets mentioned
Saban passes Bryant at Bammer gets mentioned
1980 gets mentioned
Bammer scores
Bammer D gets a stop
All the above
Doesn't matter, just keep drinking

So what's the drinking game tonite?

Take a drink every time

Everytime Kirby's personal get back coach grabs him by the belt because a grown man can't determine where the side line ends.

Referee: Please set the score board to Bammer 41, Ugag 24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back