Official CFP Championship Thread

knoxjacket

Dodd-Like
God. Could you imagine being an Auburn fan and having to live through this? I’d be in favor of legally assisted suicide if there was ever a run like this by our rival.
Worse for Tennessee. They’ve coupled watching their rivals win titles with their program being a dumpster fire that never runs out of fuel.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
God. Could you imagine being an Auburn fan and having to live through this? I’d be in favor of legally assisted suicide if there was ever a run like this by our rival.
It be more easily stomach-able if we had won a natty, been to another and won a heisman in the last ten years.

GoGATech

Big Dummy
Worse for Tennessee. They’ve coupled watching their rivals win titles with their program being a dumpster fire that never runs out of fuel.
Idk man, probably easier to be a perpetual dumpster fire than to have the best recruiting class and preseason #1 every season only to have a Great Clips spokesman piss it away annually.

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like
All I know is there was a play in the second half where Bama's DT, Barmore, got caught up in the wash at the snap, bench pressed either the C or RG, and then chased down the OSU running back who was likely running some sort of stretch zone on a critical 3rd or 4th down play. It was one of those plays where everything was set up to convert or spring for a big play - except Barmore was a manimal on that play.

My only thought after witnessing such an impressive athletic freak of nature make an outstanding play was that regardless of the coach the chances of me ever seeing a player make that sort of play with a GT on the side of his helmet is near zilch. There are probably - what - 3 or 4 guys a year at DT that could make that sort of play. 2 of them go to Bama, 1 of the them to Clemson, and the other (if he exists at all) ends up for the rest of us to fight over.

The crater between the haves and have nots is crazy these days.

That was such an impressive play. Wow. This is nuts.

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
All I know is there was a play in the second half where Bama's DT, Barmore, got caught up in the wash at the snap, bench pressed either the C or RG, and then chased down the OSU running back who was likely running some sort of stretch zone on a critical 3rd or 4th down play. It was one of those plays where everything was set up to convert or spring for a big play - except Barmore was a manimal on that play.

My only thought after witnessing such an impressive athletic freak of nature make an outstanding play was that regardless of the coach the chances of me ever seeing a player make that sort of play with a GT on the side of his helmet is near zilch. There are probably - what - 3 or 4 guys a year at DT that could make that sort of play. 2 of them go to Bama, 1 of the them to Clemson, and the other (if he exists at all) ends up for the rest of us to fight over.

The crater between the haves and have nots is crazy these days.

That was such an impressive play. Wow. This is nuts.

Yeah, and they redshirted him.

Three not close college football playoffs games, and a rerererereretread championship game. I went years with season tickets when I lived 500 miles away, yet I watched none of the playoffs. My interest in college football gets lower by the second and I don't think I am alone.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like
We had a better team in 1990 with Shaun Jones and William Bell, Marco Coleman that beat the öööö out of Nebraska in 1990 than OSU did tonight. I think that team either beat Bama tonight or certainly would have played them a closer game. Shaun Jones was a better QB than Fields at the time the NC was played in 1990.
Geoff Collins is reassembling that kind of team.
Loved that team but no, it would not have beaten this Alabama team. Would we have given them a better game? I don’t know. The game is so different now I don’t know if we could have kept up any better than OSU.

DaltonJacket

The Keeper of Souls
Yeah, and they redshirted him.

Three not close college football playoffs games, and a rerererereretread championship game. I went years with season tickets when I lived 500 miles away, yet I watched none of the playoffs. My interest in college football gets lower by the second and I don't think I am alone.
Dead on.......I have gotten where I really do not care at all about college football on the whole. I still watch/attend all Tech games but I didn't watch more than a few minutes of any other game all season. I have replaced college football with the NFL where any team can draft smart, coach well, and game plan to victory. That cannot happen in cfb because the best players are only considering about 5 schools.