Official CFP Championship Thread

So glad Fields packed his bags for Ohio. Kid can play.
Not tonight. I don't like him for the NFL. Not consistently accurate enough, and I mean NFL accurate, not receivers running wide open unhindered behind Clemson's poorly prepared secondary. I think he is probably sixth behind Sunshine, Wilson, Trey Lance, Jones, and Trask.

Alabama is the best NFL farm program in the country. Also happens to share a name with a fairly crappy little college in Tuscaloosa.

I like when Herbstreit was telling kids to watch D. Smith's technique...

First technique is to run with 4.2 speed, once you have mastered that learn to catch the ball. I think he is awesome but it isn't like kids and emulate him any more than they could emulate Calvin Johnson. Be a freak of nature, emulate being a freak of nature. Najee Harris too, once you master hurdling 6' tall defenders high school football should be easy for you.

First technique is to run with 4.2 speed, once you have mastered that learn to catch the ball. I think he is awesome but it isn't like kids and emulate him any more than they could emulate Calvin Johnson. Be a freak of nature, emulate being a freak of nature. Najee Harris too, once you master hurdling 6' tall defenders high school football should be easy for you.
Couldn't be more sick and tired of Herb Kirkstreit. I do not understand why ESPN continues to let him call O$U games.

I think he said to watch how he handles himself on the field. As in no trash talking.

You’re basically telling them to allow the receiver to catch the call on those bang bang plays.

Don’t worry. Let them catch it - just don’t let them score.
There’s also this crazy concept called “wrapping up”. It’s really effective, and I’m not sure why more guys don’t do it.

I am usually ok with him. I give him a pass for being a tOSU homer. I expect our former players to be homers too.
I give him a pass for being an O$U homer, too.

I don't give ESPN a pass for having an O$U homer call O$U games.

My problem with Kirkstreit is that I think he is way, way, way out of touch with the average viewer. Like the crap about "technique." I think he is too full of himself.

I get it. I do. I understand the reason for the rule. I’m not saying it pussifies the game.

Those sorts of bang bang plays where he’s coming downhill full speed where’s got a huge TE and a teammate coming the opposite at full speed are an impossible ask.

For the ‘lead with your shoulder, dummy’ - well, good luck with that. That’s like asking him to imitate the Hulk trying to hulk smash a car hood coming at him at 25 MPH.
Well the alternative is to watch the rest of the game.

There’s also this crazy concept called “wrapping up”. It’s really effective, and I’m not sure why more guys don’t do it.
It’s an impossible ask. He still needs to break up the pass, which again is hulk smashing the hood of a car barreling down on him.

Y'all bitching about Herb.....you can listen to Eli Gold on SECN.

GO JACKETS!!
byteback

Does O$U realize they were down by 21 points and Bama has thrown for eleventy hundred yards? What made them think that running the ball four straight times was a good way to overcome that deficit?

Back