Official: Check in here to eat your CGC and Sims crow

Well, I’ll say this the first game under Collins where it was substance over hype rather than hype over substance. Pitt is going to be interesting. Can we “play to a high level 3 games in a row”. If so things could be interesting.

Calm down there, Johnny boy. Good win, but let's avoid a letdown game and winning 7 games this season would be huge. If we keep getting better, there's going to be a lot to "if and wish" about NIU and CU games. Specifically, should we have brought Sims in to spark the offense last week?

Wasn't he in a sling during practice last week? In any event, I think things worked out the way they should. He wasn't handed the starting job back; he was put in when we were struggling to generate offense against a so-so defense and he seized the moment.

Well, I’ll say this the first game under Collins where it was substance over hype rather than hype over substance. Pitt is going to be interesting. Can we “play to a high level 3 games in a row”. If so things could be interesting.
Execute at a high level, not play

I always thought Sims had a much higher ceiling than Yates, but was concerned with how indecisive and turnover-prone he'd been. Seems like a little time seeing things from the sidelines may have helped him. If he can consistently play close to the level he played tonight, he will won us a lot of games and make Patenaude look like a genius.

Kid is special, and he just outplayed one of the top ranked QBs in the upcoming draft.

Good things on the field tonight. With the expectations coming into this game, we stepped up and executed well. Letting Sims get rested was a good thing and it's been a WHILE since our defense performed on that level. UNC QB going to have some PTSD after that one.

As for Collins, the jury is still out, imo. I really want to see if we can perform at this level for the rest of the season before I get the plate of crow out of the fridge. Nice, solid conference win tonight. Kudos to players and coaches for overcoming UNC and the refs!!

One game at a time. As long as the team plays as well, or better than the previous week, then that will be considered a success IMO. Just don't lay any eggs going forward.

Key word is “could”. Haven’t been able to even consider that since 2015.

Who are we supposed to be afraid of? After I watched Clemson completely öööö the bed today, the announcers wanted to anoint UNC as the new favorite. Now who? Wake Forest?
Wake looks like the class of the conference right now. They kinda had their way with UVA on Friday night and they look very good. I don’t want any of that smoke.

Checking in to say I was wrong about our chances to beat UNC and am delighted about being wrong. So glad to beat the Tarheels and pleased for Coach Collins and for Sims. A big win is to time to celebrate, unlike one poster who insisted on trying to diminish everyone’s enjoyment of each basketball win last year.

Checking in to say I was wrong about our chances to beat UNC and am delighted about being wrong. So glad to beat the Tarheels and pleased for Coach Collins and for Sims. A big win is to time to celebrate, unlike one poster who insisted on trying to diminish everyone’s enjoyment of each basketball win last year.

Big difference in 2 years+ and 5

Back