Official: Check in here to eat your CGC support crow

öööö you. The team is improving. We can evaluate the coordinators at the end of the season. Sims has had a few bad plays, but he’s only on year two. Nothing he has done can’t be corrected in the film room.
Not that I’m really opposed to it, but why are we saying we should evaluate the coordinators instead of the head coach?

Not that I’m really opposed to it, but why are we saying we should evaluate the coordinators instead of the head coach?

Because I think the HC is doing what we hired him to do. He is recruiting.

We hired CGC to get bodies.

Being able to change coordinators is a feature of the system. It is cheaper that swapping head coaches.

Now, if CGC consistently gets poor coordinators or staff, then you swap him. But that is no closer than 2.5 seasons away. And it would require him to miss on both OC or DC probably 3 times.

We don’t hire a head coach to recruit. We hire him to run the program overseeing every facet. He gets credit for what goes well and must be accountable for what does not. Week by week evaluations are meaningless - we are pleased when we win and displeased when we lose. Evaluate at the end of each season, assessing the won-loss record, competitiveness, progress/decline, recruiting, morale, etc.

We don’t hire a head coach to recruit. We hire him to run the program overseeing every facet. He gets credit for what goes well and must be accountable for what does not. Week by week evaluations are meaningless - we are pleased when we win and displeased when we lose. Evaluate at the end of each season, assessing the won-loss record, competitiveness, progress/decline, recruiting, morale, etc.

I disagree. We did hire a HC to recruit. CGC hadn’t proven himself as a HC in 2 years at Temple. He proved himself at GT, Bama, MSU, and UF as a recruiter (and as a top shelf DC at the last two). But we didn’t say, “here is a guy who can turn our defense around “. We hired a guy who could rebuild the roster post option. I’m a big CPJ fan, but the option is its own animal. You can convert traditional football players to the option, but guys who are tailored to the option don’t go the other way. Look at Nebraska. They were a perineal top 25 team, but moving from the option was painful.

We opted for a guy who can bring in talent. We can work with coordinators to get things working. If CGC can’t manage his assistants, he’ll be gone and we will be left with a talented, under utilized roster.

CGC is doing his part. We’ll see if TStan has to step in and lend a hand. Personally, I think they need to pick a side and feed all the 50-50 athletes there. That is what O’Leary did. That is what Gailey did. For college ball, it’s probably better to lean on your offense. But that will depend on your staff.

I disagree. We did hire a HC to recruit. CGC hadn’t proven himself as a HC in 2 years at Temple. He proved himself at GT, Bama, MSU, and UF as a recruiter (and as a top shelf DC at the last two). But we didn’t say, “here is a guy who can turn our defense around “. We hired a guy who could rebuild the roster post option. I’m a big CPJ fan, but the option is its own animal. You can convert traditional football players to the option, but guys who are tailored to the option don’t go the other way. Look at Nebraska. They were a perineal top 25 team, but moving from the option was painful.

We opted for a guy who can bring in talent. We can work with coordinators to get things working. If CGC can’t manage his assistants, he’ll be gone and we will be left with a talented, under utilized roster.

CGC is doing his part. We’ll see if TStan has to step in and lend a hand. Personally, I think they need to pick a side and feed all the 50-50 athletes there. That is what O’Leary did. That is what Gailey did. For college ball, it’s probably better to lean on your offense. But that will depend on your staff.
Are we destined for Nebraska's fate?

Yes. CGC has been doing his part, which is why the approval thread results show people don't know what his job is. He'll have to make some staff changes at this rate, though.

Yes. CGC has been doing his part, which is why the approval thread results show people don't know what his job is. He'll have to make some staff changes at this rate, though.

I am still a ‘no’ on the approval thread until he shows he has the right coordinators. We really need a third option between ‘approve’ and ‘disapprove’.

Are we destined for Nebraska's fate?

No. Nebraska tried to go from option to west coast. Then to air raid without recruiting bodies. Same thing with GaSo. They tried to jump from option to air raid with Hatcher.

Get a recruiter. We would probably do better with a pro set under center I formation OC. But recruiting to that wouldn’t be easy either. Maybe if we were in Wisconsin or Illinois, but not anywhere outside the Midwest.

I am still a ‘no’ on the approval thread until he shows he has the right coordinators. We really need a third option between ‘approve’ and ‘disapprove’.
I can respect your vote even though I disagree with it, mainly because I don't expect Patenaude to turn lead into gold. With the losses piling up though, he will be one of the first sacrifices of transitioning the option roster.

I can respect your vote even though I disagree with it, mainly because I don't expect Patenaude to turn lead into gold. With the losses piling up though, he will be one of the first sacrifices of transitioning the option roster.
How can you approve of this coaching staff? I don’t understand it. A good coach who is truly building something would have some kind of consistent output. The only consistency of this coaching staff is their lack of preparation. We only win games our opponent completely öööös the bed in during THEIR preparation and turns the ball over multiple times.

We were told Year 3. Well it’s here and it’s the same exact looking team as Year 1.

we allowed 42 points to Pittsburgh in the first half. We are being out scores something like 600-200 on the first half under Collins. WE are the fluke loss on the schedule now.

Maybe the plan is to bring Wisenhunt in as OC after turning some players

How can you approve of this coaching staff? I don’t understand it. A good coach who is truly building something would have some kind of consistent output. The only consistency of this coaching staff is their lack of preparation. We only win games our opponent completely öööös the bed in during THEIR preparation and turns the ball over multiple times.

We were told Year 3. Well it’s here and it’s the same exact looking team as Year 1.

we allowed 42 points to Pittsburgh in the first half. We are being out scores something like 600-200 on the first half under Collins. WE are the fluke loss on the schedule now.
I approve of Collins, not the coaching staff. I understand he is responsible for the staff, but it's difficult to place blame when play execution and talent is still a major issue. I was one of the ones wishfully thinking we could turn the corner by year 3. I think we're at the corner right now.

Dude, you are way off.

You hire the HC to Recruit, the internal machinery of P5 CFB runs the rest of the Program, the HC is the face that draws the Recruits to your Program

All P5 Colleges have Academic Support Bldgs & Staff.

All P5 Colleges have Training Tables and Nutrition Advisors.

All P5 Colleges have a bald S & C Guy that always hoarse cause he constantly screaming encouragement to the Guys as they work out.

All P5 Colleges have the same "basic Facilities", while the Top25 have most of the same "extras", the Taj Mahal stuff that separates them from the also rans

The truth is , is that the only thing different at most P5 Schools is the HC that is Recruiting you.

In fact the HC runs very little, other than the Recruiting Machine at his school

I completely disagree. You hire the head coach to be the CEO of the program. He is responsible for the success or failure of the program. I am not saying the head coach does everything, but the head coach is responsible for everything. I wonder if you told Saban that he was only hired to recruit, that the rest of the success of the Alabama program was attributable to others how he might react. Would he agree with you or with me, that he is ultimately the one responsible for the whole thing or only hired to recruit?

This is a load of bullshit, and it's the same load of bullshit that gets pulled from whenever people around here want a head coach fired. So you were willing to grant the first two years of being a bad football team, but now five games into a 12 game season, it's the "consistency" that demonstrates to you that Collins can't cut it?

We lost our first game by 1 point against a bad team, in the opener, with Sims going down early. Sims, who nobody on this ööööing ööööhole can decide from one minute to the next whether he needs to be benched or he's the future of the offense or the next dalai ööööing lama. Those of you who watched that game and believed it was as bad or worse than the team we fielded last year were so blinded by your ridiculous ööööing rage that you didn't see a goddamn thing other than how embarrassed you personally were that your football team lost to NIU.

We played well and beat the öööö out of a team we were supposed to beat the öööö out of in week 2. In week 3 we played a Clemson team which beat us 73-3 last year and which, relatively-down year or not, not one ööööing soul on this board or elsewhere believed we had a chance to hang with, and yet we did, in their house. Not only did we hang with them, but the team's fight - which is just as easily attributable to the coaching staff as anything else you people want to hang on them - gave us opportunities to win the game. Our guys made that happen, Clemson didn't just ööööing lay down, and if that's what you think you're a bigger ööööing loser than Collins has ever been.

In week 4, we played lights out and beat the öööö out of North Carolina despite one of the most obscenely bad and lopsided attempts at officiating a game you'll ever see. Suddenly you manic depressive öööös decided we'd locked up the goddamn Coastal and so now that was apparently the bar for success in 2021.

Today, in week 5, we had a really unfortunate start with a couple of plays that were equal parts bad luck and poor play (at worst, not that it stopped any of you aching pussies from figuring out some way to blame Sims for a pick he threw when he got ööööing rocked mid-throw) and then got run away from by a team which is plainly a very good football team. But since they have a single 44-41 loss to Western Michigan and they're not in the goddamn top five, that doesn't make any difference to you dumbasses - it's never that the other team is worth a öööö, it's that we can't play for öööö and that's the fault of the coaches and if we don't fire them yesterday and hire god-ööööing-knows-who then the program has embraced mediocrity and you knew it all along.

Answer me, honest to ööööing God, do you actually believe that what we've seen so far this season is the same quality play that we saw in year 1, the season where we lost to The Citadel? Anyone who believes that are the only people who might be dumber than I am for wasting the time it took to write this öööö. We were absolute ööööing dog öööö last year, and yet anyone who was actually paying attention saw that there were improvements by season's end, even if they provided little or no consolation for the rest of how terrible we were. Anyone who is actually paying attention can see that we are a better team, playing better this year than we have in the last two seasons.

So it's not the stunning 10-win season you secretly knew you would demand it to be if this coach was worth a öööö. Boo ööööing hoo. The team was garbage when Collins got here. It's getting better and the loss today doesn't change that, no more than any single win the rest of this season will magically mean that Collins is a genius and he's leading us directly to the promised land. The point is that we don't know yet whether he's going to turn us into the program we want to be, and you don't get any special points later for pretending you do know now. Those of you who aren't trolling and are still saying öööö like this need to grow the öööö up, or just stop watching the games if your inability to will us to glory through the brilliance of your second-guessing drivel on StingTalk is making you so goddamn miserable.

This is a load of bullshit, and it's the same load of bullshit that gets pulled from whenever people around here want a head coach fired. So you were willing to grant the first two years of being a bad football team, but now five games into a 12 game season, it's the "consistency" that demonstrates to you that Collins can't cut it?

We lost our first game by 1 point against a bad team, in the opener, with Sims going down early. Sims, who nobody on this ööööing ööööhole can decide from one minute to the next whether he needs to be benched or he's the future of the offense or the next dalai ööööing lama. Those of you who watched that game and believed it was as bad or worse than the team we fielded last year were so blinded by your ridiculous ööööing rage that you didn't see a goddamn thing other than how embarrassed you personally were that your football team lost to NIU.

We played well and beat the öööö out of a team we were supposed to beat the öööö out of in week 2. In week 3 we played a Clemson team which beat us 73-3 last year and which, relatively-down year or not, not one ööööing soul on this board or elsewhere believed we had a chance to hang with, and yet we did, in their house. Not only did we hang with them, but the team's fight - which is just as easily attributable to the coaching staff as anything else you people want to hang on them - gave us opportunities to win the game. Our guys made that happen, Clemson didn't just ööööing lay down, and if that's what you think you're a bigger ööööing loser than Collins has ever been.

In week 4, we played lights out and beat the öööö out of North Carolina despite one of the most obscenely bad and lopsided attempts at officiating a game you'll ever see. Suddenly you manic depressive öööös decided we'd locked up the goddamn Coastal and so now that was apparently the bar for success in 2021.

Today, in week 5, we had a really unfortunate start with a couple of plays that were equal parts bad luck and poor play (at worst, not that it stopped any of you aching pussies from figuring out some way to blame Sims for a pick he threw when he got ööööing rocked mid-throw) and then got run away from by a team which is plainly a very good football team. But since they have a single 44-41 loss to Western Michigan and they're not in the goddamn top five, that doesn't make any difference to you dumbasses - it's never that the other team is worth a öööö, it's that we can't play for öööö and that's the fault of the coaches and if we don't fire them yesterday and hire god-ööööing-knows-who then the program has embraced mediocrity and you knew it all along.

Answer me, honest to ööööing God, do you actually believe that what we've seen so far this season is the same quality play that we saw in year 1, the season where we lost to The Citadel? Anyone who believes that are the only people who might be dumber than I am for wasting the time it took to write this öööö. We were absolute ööööing dog öööö last year, and yet anyone who was actually paying attention saw that there were improvements by season's end, even if they provided little or no consolation for the rest of how terrible we were. Anyone who is actually paying attention can see that we are a better team, playing better this year than we have in the last two seasons.

So it's not the stunning 10-win season you secretly knew you would demand it to be if this coach was worth a öööö. Boo ööööing hoo. The team was garbage when Collins got here. It's getting better and the loss today doesn't change that, no more than any single win the rest of this season will magically mean that Collins is a genius and he's leading us directly to the promised land. The point is that we don't know yet whether he's going to turn us into the program we want to be, and you don't get any special points later for pretending you do know now. Those of you who aren't trolling and are still saying öööö like this need to grow the öööö up, or just stop watching the games if your inability to will us to glory through the brilliance of your second-guessing drivel on StingTalk is making you so goddamn miserable.

Show me how the team is better than last year’s team that was 2-3 at with a very nice offensive explosion of a win against Louisville. What objective evidence do you have to say they are better? The fact that we lost to a clearly much worse Clemson team by a smaller margin? All of the objective evidence says we are one of the worst 40 teams in FBS. We had a fluke win against UNC. They admitted to us it’s because they didn’t practice for Jeff Sims running so much. Duke is about as good this year as Boston College was last year. We’ll see how they handle the post embarrassment Jackets.

To answer your question: YES it is the same because the overall results are and will be the same: a 2 to 4 win team ranked about 100th in overall team effectiveness.

I don’t know how it happens. Or why it happens I’m just telling you the actual output and results are there.

Currently out scored 575-270 in the first half under Collins. The margins got worse in Year 2. We’ll see what happens by the end of the year. I’m not expecting much more than a listless performance by a mopey team next weak in boring AF Duke’s stadium. Why is this my expectation? Because we have completely immature leadership which lends itself to emotional takeovers of the entire team. There is no reason to think Cutcliffe won’t be able to come up with a game plan to stop us. We may out-athlete Duke in the end but it will be similar to their game against Kansas or Charlotte vs their one against UNC. We have almost zero game planning skills.

Answer me this: does any team like up against us and feel like they could lose if they don’t play a perfect game? The answer is no. We are one of the worst teams in the ACC. We talk and swing our docks around like we are one of the best and it pisses everyone off until they just stat laughing at us, and then they feel sorry for us and put the second stringers I’m in the second half.

Here is my post from the thread I TH
This week will be one of the toughest tests for the team. We are not good enough to goof off and win on Saturday. We cannot revel in this victory any more beyond today and even lasting today may have been too long. It is the hardest challenge in college football to get maximum commitment and effort out of your players but I think the culture Collins has built is capabale of it. He just has to put his big boy pants on and demand it. It is way more FUN to win. It is FUN to get to your absolute maximum potential and do it week after week. It can be FUN to be great but it also requires an immense amount of work, discipline, and focus.

Ive always been cautiously optimistic with this young coaching staff. In the positives thread from NIU I said the main positive is that all our goals and a successful season is still very possible. We can win the ACC and we can beat UGA.

you don’t know what I want from the team obviously. I’ve made my position on what I expect from GT football very clear several times throughout the years

-.333 WP against UGA
-contend for ACC and National titles in waves
-be competitive in all ACC games
-be known for discipline and not beating ourselves
-max effort
-make bowl games
-no off field crap

I don’t need a 10-win team to be happy with the program. I need one that looks like it spent more than 10 minutes preparing for their opponent. Honestly it is probable that our playcalling on both sides of the ball is so pedestrian UNC used practice time in our week to get ready for Duke as well. When we actually mixed it up and ran the QB they were confused. When we ran 3-3-5 they were confused. Now teams won’t be. The film is out there.

Last edited:
Show me how the team is better than last year’s team that was 2-3 at with a very nice offensive explosion of a win against Louisville. What objective evidence do you have to say they are better? The fact that we lost to a clearly much worse Clemson team by a smaller margin? All of the objective evidence says we are one of the worst 40 teams in FBS. We had a fluke win against UNC. They admitted to us it’s because they didn’t practice for Jeff Sims running so much. Duke is about as good this year as Boston College was last year. We’ll see how they handle the post embarrassment Jackets.

To answer your question: YES it is the same because the overall results are and will be the same: a 2 to 4 win team ranked about 100th in overall team effectiveness.

I don’t know how it happens. Or why it happens I’m just telling you the actual output and results are there.

Currently out scored 575-270 in the first half under Collins. The margins got worse in Year 2. We’ll see what happens by the end of the year. I’m not expecting much more than a listless performance by a mopey team next weak in boring AF Duke’s stadium. Why is this my expectation? Because we have completely immature leadership which lends itself to emotional takeovers of the entire team. There is no reason to think Cutcliffe won’t be able to come up with a game plan to stop us. We may out-athlete Duke in the end but it will be similar to their game against Kansas or Charlotte vs their one against UNC. We have almost zero game planning skills.

Answer me this: does any team like up against us and feel like they could lose if they don’t play a perfect game? The answer is no. We are one of the worst teams in the ACC. We talk and swing our docks around like we are one of the best and it pisses everyone off until they just stat laughing at us, and then they feel sorry for us and put the second stringers I’m in the second half.
I have less than zero interest in going back and forth with you. You're making excuses for our opponents and claiming that it's never our success, it's our opponent's failure. That's a truly sad state for a fan of any team to exist in and I ööööing pity you. Even during rebuilding years, the one and only thing you give a öööö about is the win-loss record, which means you have no grasp of, nor interest in the program rebuilding. You expect some mythical coach to say all the right things about rebuilding over time, but then to shock the world with an impossible meteoric rise from which the program never comes down. You just said that the story of year 3 is already over with and you 'don't know how or why it happens' but you know the future and the outcome is that Geoff Collins broke some promise he apparently made to you about conquering the world in his third season.

The facts don't support your claim that nothing is improving and there has been no progress, and you ööööing know it, so why would I waste any more time trying to teach you something you already know but willfully ignore?

Back