Official Coaching Carousel Thread

Walton

Damn Good Rat
So many were pushing Elliot for GT last year. Still no offers anywhere
I expect that is why he will get the OC title all to himself. I expect too many people weren't sure if he or Scott were responsible for the offense success.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Fatt Luke expected to be named dwags OL Coach. Seems very whelming after reading some Ole Miss opinions

cyptomcat

Hibernating
Muschamp traded his own money for his staff:

It means the Gamecocks coach will forgo raises and his buyout will be cut by several million dollars.

Figures released by the school Tuesday, when the board of trustees approved the amendments and Mike Bobo’s contract, gave Brown a raise from $300,000 to $500,000 a year and had his deal extended to through 2021. It also took out Muschamp’s annual $200,000 raise built into his contract.
https://amp.thestate.com/sports/col...h-carolina/usc-football/article238213994.html

johncu

Dodd-Like
I expect that is why he will get the OC title all to himself. I expect too many people weren't sure if he or Scott were responsible for the offense success.
Elliot is the X's and O's guy and Scott is the recruiter. If he can hire good coordinators at USF, I think he'll do very well there. I'm sure Elliot will get a job in the next year as well.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
With all these coach vacancies, why is Brent Key not in the conversation?
I think Brent might have his eyes set on a bigger future at Tech. I could see him replacing Collins way way down the line (hopefully)

eneq

Junior Varsity Lurker
I think Brent might have his eyes set on a bigger future at Tech. I could see him replacing Collins way way down the line (hopefully)
This. You don't make a lateral (arguably step down) move from Bama to GT if you don't have a long-term plan here.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like
Willie Taggart is 43 and has 10 years of head coaching experience. 5winning seasons and 4 bowl games. He's got to be one heck of an interview.