Official everyone laugh at uga and Kirby Shart thread

He is just a freshman, but yeah he doesn't look great. They'll have him throw 45 times and he'll only have like 250 yards. YPA is really bad.

Even if Eason truly is the 2nd coming of the love child of Dan Marino and baby Jesus, his talents will be wasted in college, no matter how terrible Kirby Shart turns out to be he's almost guaranteed to get three years, by then The Chosen One will be headed to the nfl...

They are already talking about how great the next QB recruit is.

There were rumors that Richt agreed to not take any other QBs the year before or the year of Eason. If that's true, Eason must have wanted some virtual guarantee that he would have a chance to start as a freshman. In that case, he limited his options of where to play, and he might end up regretting that.

There were rumors that Richt agreed to not take any other QBs the year before or the year of Eason. If that's true, Eason must have wanted some virtual guarantee that he would have a chance to start as a freshman. In that case, he limited his options of where to play, and he might end up regretting that.

That's the kind of guy who deserves to sit on the couch on NYE and watch everyone else play following a 5-7 record.

UGA has the #4 QB in their 2017 class (Jake Fromm State Farm). However, I bet some 2017 commits may decommit given their performance and likely coaching change in the next 4 years.

One of the worst decisions of Eason's career will be to attend a college without a proven QB developing coach. He should have followed Richt to Miami.
The kid from Cartersville, junior now, should go to Miami, imo.

Agree. Richt turned out some great QBs at UGA- Greene, Shockley, Murray, Stafford.

Smart, on the other hand, doesn't even hand it to Chubb on 4th and 1 against Vandy.
Not to defend, but if the tinfoil hat that Chubb has quit is true then there is cover for that.

Oh, wait, then that means he knowingly put a quitter out there to [whiff on the] lead block...

GA has the #4 QB in their 2017 class (Jake Fromm State Farm). However, I bet some 2017 commits may decommit given their performance and likely coaching change in the next 4 years.

We should be milking the hell out of that on the recruiting trail. Mr. Everything Nick Chubb being asked to block for a stick figure on 4th and 1 against Vanderbilt. UGa's vaunted backfield runs for the length of three parking spaces against Florida. I think Eason or Eason's parents have given Kirby an ultimatum - throw the ball 35 times a game or else he transfers to Miami. And while I'm speculating, I suspect Chubb knows about it which could explain why he's just riding it out.

Last edited:
We should be milking the hell out of that on the recruiting trail. Mr. Everything Nick Chubb being asked to block for a stick figure on 4th and 1 against Vanderbilt. UGa's vaunted backfield runs for the length of three parking spaces against Florida. I think Eason or Eason's parents have given Kirby an ultimatum - throw the ball 35 times a game or else he transfers to Miami. And while I'm speculating, I suspect Chubb knows about it which could explain why he's just riding it out.

Milking what on recruiting trail? How many of the same kids are we actually in the running for that UGA is? My guess is less than a few. While I hate it, we're not competing for the same kids. But I'm sure Auburn, UF, Bama, Clemson, FSU, etc will milk it...

Kirby doesn't strike me as the kind of guy whose going to listen to some punk high school kid's parents to dictate play calling but I could be wrong...

That's the kind of guy who deserves to sit on the couch on NYE and watch everyone else play following a 5-7 record.

UGA has the #4 QB in their 2017 class (Jake Fromm State Farm). However, I bet some 2017 commits may decommit given their performance and likely coaching change in the next 4 years.

Georgia did have a commit from Bailey Hockman, 4 star QB from McEachern (I think), but he backed out and Fromm flipped from Alabama. Isn't Fromm also a baseball prospect?

Give Eason a break. He only has one 5 star WR (Godwin) and one 5 star TE (Nauta). The other tight end is merely a 4 star (Blazevich ... though most of the blazing is done by unsuspended LBs, amirite?). He only has three 4 star guys on the line, just one 5 star RB and a 4 star who doesn't get the ball on fourth and a gnats ass against Vanderbilt. Cut the kid some slack - he obviously has some shortcomings around him.

raw

There's a thread on Dawgpost talking about how their offense is 'none-dimensional.' I lolled.

Back