Official Game Day Thread - Da I vs. Da U

Execute blocks on O.
Dont fumble.
We win if those 2 things happen.

The last series looked bad on D, but Miami's QB has thrown as many bad incompletions as big gainers, and they only got the chance because our O sputtered with 5 min on the clock.

Up until the second quarter we were gaining yards at will. Their defense adjusted. It's time to see if CPJ can make some adjustments at halftime to get us back on track. However, it is not hard to see a difference in athleticism and speed.

Execute blocks on O.
Dont fumble.
We win if those 2 things happen.

The last series looked bad on D, but Miami's QB has thrown as many bad incompletions as big gainers.
Yeah but he went from not hitting throws to hitting them. It's not a good trend for us. Defense has got to get more pressure on the QB. I haven't seen us blitz at all.

Offense has to block better. Last two drives have fizzled out because we are missing blocks.

I'm concerned about the two? passes we've made thus far. Both were floaters. If the second one was to our guy it was an easy first down but it gave time for pursuit to get to him from behind

Up until the second quarter we were gaining yards at will. Their defense adjusted. It's time to see if CPJ can make some adjustments at halftime to get us back on track. However, it is not hard to see a difference in athleticism and speed.

We can’t take naps on defense or make lackadaisical blocks against athletic teams. I’ve seen us blow 2 and 3 touchdown leads too many times.

I don't feel good about this second half

Miami is the type of team that can score on us if they absolutely have to. And we're only up 1

Before the game, I'd have taken up 1 and getting the ball to start the second half. Kinda sucks the way it got to this point, though.

Miami's offense so far this year has tended to produce more in the second half, but so has ours.

One/two minute defense was less than stellar. Not getting much pressure on QB. But as others have said, if we can play our normal game and avoid the turnovers, we certainly have a shot

Lot of retarts bitching about our kicker not making a kick that he didnt even attempt...

I don't feel good about this second half
It's the same for me right now as it was with the fumble against Tennessee. We were ahead and I knew that fumble had just lost us the game. Same thing with giving up the TD like that right before the half.

Back