Official Game Day Thread - GT vs. Clemp Son's

GTMensLax&SoccerD1Soon!

Jolly Good Fellow
Quite the character asseessment.
I started with "I believe that...". It's obviously an opinion.

I've been to dozens of practices, pretty much watched every game multiple times. Listened to his press conferences and call in shows, all for for 10 years. I think I have at least amassed a decent pool of data upon which to offer an opinion on the matter.

Dont get me wrong I'm a pretty big fan of his, but I still he has flaws.

gtchief

Not Wrong, Just An A******
Y'all remeber when the line fired off the ball so hard that it looked like we false started every play? Did I just get used to it or are we slower off the ball?
We just need to convince teams with more talent to line up three yards off the line like Tennessee

gtctcjb

Bigger than a normal hat
Back to a football question....can TM not run midline anymore?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Johnson’s postgame comments in AJC article look like he read our game thread before going to interview.

- would have pulled Marshall a series in first half if he had it to do over again.
- less than 20 percent on option reads
- Clemson did same things as Wake with better players
- defense played better in second half but by then it was too late

And then he said something about our offense and how when we lose a rhythm everything goes to öööö because the offense depends on the methodical movement of ball. This is a big issue because we absolutely do not have it in our arsenal to do to anyone what Miami did to us in a 2 minute offense. We have an algorithm that does not vary.

ThomsonJacket

I don't know
Johnson’s postgame comments in AJC article look like he read our game thread before going to interview.

- would have pulled Marshall a series in first half if he had it to do over again.
- less than 20 percent on option reads
- Clemson did same things as Wake with better players
- defense played better in second half but by then it was too late

And then he said something about our offense and how when we lose a rhythm everything goes to öööö because the offense depends on the methodical movement of ball. This is a big issue because we absolutely do not have it in our arsenal to do to anyone what Miami did to us in a 2 minute offense. We have an algorithm that does not vary.
I thought the same thing as I listened to it last night.

I will bet we see MJ get some playing time if he isn't hurt.

He really can't blame the defense for this or the Miami loses. His offense has been inept at best in those games.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Teams do it all the time. Ask Syracuse.

Quick slants and screens are both ways of overcoming that. Set up draw plays for runs. Clear out linebackers and secondaries with tight ends, multiple receivers and slot guys running routes. Do whatever you can to move the point of attack from the other teams front four. None of those things are in our repertoire.
In 10 years, when has CPJ ever adjusted to the flow of the game and what the opp defense is doing?

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
In 10 years, when has CPJ ever adjusted to the flow of the game and what the opp defense is doing?
I recall one very good example when he changed the blocking scheme to destroy Cam Chancellor.

The problem seems to me to be that he has a plan and 1 adjustment. The adjustment cannot be made on the fly so usually it’s a fly fledged öööö storm before it’s made. When both fail, we’re ööööed.

User 8976

User account deleted
clemson was running unblocked into the backfield like throwing a hotdog down a hallway

BainbridgeJacket

F*** Joe Biden
Last week against wake forest coming out of the half to open with the long td and then setting up the same play late to close the game out. For starters.

00Burdell

Mod Thyself
Staff member
Paul Johnson has a winning record in Athens. When you have some free time, look up how many coaches in college football history have a winning record in Athens. Here's a hint: not many.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Last week against wake forest coming out of the half to open with the long td and then setting up the same play late to close the game out. For starters.
Marshall had plenty of QB keepers before that 3rd qtr 49 yd TD. Calling the same play over and over and having it finally work isn't an adjustment.

RamblinWreck92

Dodd-Like
Paul Johnson has a winning record in Athens. When you have some free time, look up how many coaches in college football history have a winning record in Athens. Here's a hint: not many.
yeah and a losing record at home vs mutts. and a 33% winning pct against the Big 4 at home and on the road. if the scheme is supposed to be our great equalizer, the record should be closer to 50% not 1 of 3. 13 wins in 39 games against those teams sucks.

Meh, IIWII - no need to expect anything different at this point. We are who we think we are.