Official Game Day thread: GT vs. Cupcake #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that will necessarily solve everything, but expecting Thacker to suddenly devise better defensive schemes and teach these kids how to tackle after five years doesn't seem like a great plan, either.
And more than likely a change will be made after this season. But will there be an influx of talent along the front 7 to help the new DC?

And the simple resolution is just a new DC? GT has tried that time after time after time after time. Go back and look how good Wommack was at Ole Miss after CPJ let him go. Do you think he magically learned how to coach after leaving GT?

Talent is what makes all coaches look good. GT has an issue along the DL (been an issue for 15+ years).

When your program is a complete dumpster fire, you clean the entire house. Not hire the Oline coach and keep the DC. Changing DCs will do nothing. Just a scapegoat change for the HC to buy some more time.

And more than likely a change will be made after this season. But will there be an influx of talent along the front 7 to help the new DC?

Not sure. I'm not claiming to know who the next DC will be, who their players will be, etc. I just know Thacker has done nothing to show he deserves to keep his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back