Official Gameday Thread: GT vs. Ol' Piss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will always blame Josh Downs for this.
Yep the Key mythology took off then. A "Tech man" who rallied the team to victory and who the players loved and wanted as head coach. A great coach whose greatness had been suppressed by Collins. Then our amateur AD botched the Fritz hire and we had to go with the "oh öööö" backup plan.

My question there was why the fake punt to begin with. Not a smart call
I agree, I didn't like the call either. But If the zebras hadn't turned a blind eye to an outrageous penalty, I think we go on to score and it's a different ball game.

Bottom line, though our poor defense is killing us!

I think Batt will eventually get his guy in football. Hopefully 2’years tops
That is highly likely. Although, Key has been effective in the portal and recruiting is looking strong. He will have to get better defensive coaches.

I agree, I didn't like the call either. But If the zebras hadn't turned a blind eye to an outrageous penalty, I think we go on to score and it's a different ball game.

Bottom line, though our poor defense is killing us!
One forced turnover would be nice

Ya know, if we had Ole Miss's defense, and they aren't great, I think we win this game easily.

Yep the Key mythology took off then. A "Tech man" who rallied the team to victory and who the players loved and wanted as head coach. A great coach whose greatness had been suppressed by Collins. Then our amateur AD botched the Fritz hire and we had to go with the "oh öööö" backup plan.
Fritz was going to be the one and, yes, it was definitely botched.

The offense is good. Special teams are at least adequate. The third phase is defense and it has to be greatly improved. The defense is just horrible and as of tonight still has no leadership on the field. Thacker will likely need to be replaced. Key is 5-6 so far. That is not nearly enough of a sample size to make a decision yet. IF something can be done to improve the defense even a tiny bit they have a shot at a pretty decent year still. Louiville is a good team. Ole Miss will be probably top 10 next week. They can beat Alabama. I could be wrong but it just doesn't feel as hopeless as it seems at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back