OFFICIAL GameDay thread: GT vs store-brand catholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've beaten the pro-3O argument to death and it hurts that people thought we had another choice. Get some younger blood in, keep the offense, and upgrade the defensive recruiting. It was our only path forward, and we chose the non-viable alternative.

Dumb. There are a range of choices between option and whatever this is.

At this point this situation has nothing to do with the triple, good or bad
At the danger of having a 7 paragraph response, IMO our current coaching situation has everything to do with getting away from the T-O.

Now if you are saying that the 3-O can’t be blamed any longer for the dumpster fire we see, then yes agreed. But getting away from the 3-O, and bringing in this Ra-Ra dipshit as HC is absolutely about getting away from the 3-O. Monken in as HC and we’d probably be looking at an ACC champ birth.

Oh we wouldn’t have much fan support? Yeah, looked great on tv

At the danger of having a 7 paragraph response, IMO our current coaching situation has everything to do with getting away from the T-O.

Now if you are saying that the 3-O can’t be blamed any longer for the dumpster fire we see, then yes agreed. But getting away from the 3-O, and bringing in this Ra-Ra dipshit as HC is absolutely about getting away from the 3-O. Monken in as HC and we’d probably be looking at an ACC champ birth.

Wake, BC, Pitt don't recruit great and are all going to bowls without running Paul's offense. It's not the end all, be all. We just need competency in whatever we do

Wake, BC, Pitt don't recruit great and are all going to bowls without running Paul's offense. It's not the end all, be all. We just need competency in whatever we do
The problem is the 3O has been used as an excuse for the retards among us to explain the last 3 years when it’s been this coach the entire ööööing time.

Wake, BC, Pitt aren’t in SEC country and play uga every year with the hopes of winning 20% of the time. Agreed with your point that the 3-O isn’t everything, but we have a unique position that comparison isn’t equal. Yeah this coaching staff is garbage.
I will maintain my position that we need to out scheme our opponents because we aren’t going to out recruit.

Interesting that the mods have decided to 'un lock' this thread. Usually game threads close with the game.

Yes, obviously our current coach made moving away from the 3O a central feature of his strategy. But talking about the 3O at this point completely diverts every conversation into a reappraisal of CPJ's final years. That's an interesting conversation (I guess) but beside the point if we're talking about what should be done *now*.

If you want us to go back to the 3O coaching tree, then proactively argue for that, rather than simply allude to a highly controversial past.

Wake, BC, Pitt aren’t in SEC country and play uga every year with the hopes of winning 20% of the time. Agreed with your point that the 3-O isn’t everything, but we have a unique position that comparison isn’t equal. Yeah this coaching staff is garbage.
I will maintain my position that we need to out scheme our opponents because we aren’t going to out recruit.
We can out scheme our opponents with a creative run and shoot offense.

Interesting that the mods have decided to 'un lock' this thread. Usually game threads close with the game.

Yes, obviously our current coach made moving away from the 3O a central feature of his strategy. But talking about the 3O at this point completely diverts every conversation into a reappraisal of CPJ's final years. That's an interesting conversation (I guess) but beside the point if we're talking about what should be done *now*.

If you want us to go back to the 3O coaching tree, then proactively argue for that, rather than simply allude to a highly controversial past.
Mods probably don’t giaf about GT football like everyone else at this point.

I know the 3-O is dead here, I can admit im bitter about it. I wish we were better, and I don’t see it on the horizon but hopefully im wrong.

I’ll wait to argue how to bring back the 3-O in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back