Official #GOLDblooded20 Signing Day Thread

18in32

Petard Hoister
I won't go into too much detail but I was told by someone I trust that we pay for the time of the pilots and we pay for the fuel but not for the birds themselves. The helicopters I was told are being completely comped by two separate alumni.
Oh, that's nice. That's a good savings, then. Yay for WH

cyclejacket

Not A Fan of Biden BS
The Waffle House cup is because of the marketing agreement between WH and GT where Coach Collins promotes WH at every opportunity within his speeches and they (WH) provide 3 different corporate planes and jets for our coaches to use to make recruiting trips. If anyone ever doubted at least the marketing genius of Collins, securing that deal alone should have disavowed them of that notion. That's a hell of a win for both parties.
Collins is such a marketing genius that he even got UGa to promote Waffle House while trying to connect themselves to Atlanta.

GT flunkout

held in very high esteem
Staff member
Collins is such a marketing genius that he even got UGa to promote Waffle House while trying to connect themselves to Atlanta.
That was by far the strangest most copycat thing about that. There are Waffle Houses in Athens, and every other city in the SEC and ACC. There's even a Varsity in Athens :rotfl:

GTCrew

Patrick Henry
That was by far the strangest most copycat thing about that. There are Waffle Houses in Athens, and every other city in the SEC and ACC. There's even a Varsity in Athens :rotfl:
Ive seen that Varsity. Its right there on Bumpkin Street.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
Congratulations to Coach Collins and his staff. I would rather have this recruiting class than have beaten UNC, Temple, the Citadel and UVa combined, to have finished 7-5 and be headed to a bowl. This is the first big game of the new season, and Coach Collins won it. Hopefully, this will keep recruiting momentum going stronger and stronger.

At the same time, thank you very much to the graduating seniors and our other players for supporting the new coaching staff and working so hard. All the good that comes from this point forward will have started with them. Today meant a lot to Tech fans, too. It definitely got my mind off this past season. And it's great hearing those four guys saying the good word, "To Hell With Georgia!"
A glance at the rankings reveals that we truly are in a whole new universe with respect to recruiting. Then check out the measurables on the players, and we are getting bigger overall with just one class. It is still a gradual process, but if we can get contributions from four or five from the class of 2020 next season, combined with our existing roster and 2019 redshirts, we can fill a large portion of our existing needs immediately.

JoeCakeEater

Dodd-Like

My favorite part is at the 2:09 mark, when he references his class from 2007. Or as he so eloquently put it, "The greatest recruiting class in the history of college football." Can't question the man's positivity! Heck, relative to expectations maybe it was... Go Jackets!! #GOLDblooded20

ElCidBUZZingFAN

Dodd-Like

My favorite part is at the 2:09 mark, when he references his class from 2007. Or as he so eloquently put it, "The greatest recruiting class in the history of college football." Can't question the man's positivity! Heck, relative to expectations maybe it was... Go Jackets!! #GOLDblooded20
My favorite is at the very end talking about Johnson's mom's athletic career (I think it was him). Something like...

"She was a 2 time All-American....at a school about NINETY-MINUTES (emphasis) northeast of Atlanta."

:lol2: So friggin funny.

Flywheel

Wait, what year is it?
My favorite is at the very end talking about Johnson's mom's athletic career (I think it was him). Something like...

"She was a 2 time All-American....at a school about NINETY-MINUTES (emphasis) northeast of Atlanta."

:lol2: So friggin funny.
I didn't think anyone could be a better troll than CPJ, except maybe Spurrier. Geoff has corrected me, and he does it in a way even WSB chuckles at.

smokey_wasp

Dodd-Like

On the radio the other day, he referenced the class he had a hand in at Bama as the greatest in the history of college football. Had Julio Jones and a bunch of people.

MACHETE

Dodd-Like

He's talking about the Alabama class when he was recruiting coordinator.

MeatWrench

Holder of all Moon records
On the radio the other day, he referenced the class he had a hand in at Bama as the greatest in the history of college football. Had Julio Jones and a bunch of people.
I think that is the one he was intending to reference and got his wires crossed on the year

I liked the well placed Varsity cup swig with a bottle of water on the table.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
Both are correct answers, if you lopk at them a certain pair of ways.

Greatest GT class ever was 1975. So say me.

BigDanT

J. Batt Fan
Both are correct answers, if you lopk at them a certain pair of ways.

Greatest GT class ever was 1975. So say me.
Is there any way to look at data on that? Not questioning your judgement, I’m just really into history especially where sports are concerned and would love to dive in to looking at the class and the ramifications of it.