Official #GOLDblooded20 Signing Day Thread

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
If Geoff has been wishing for a bigger staff I think the results from this morning should provide the proof that the money guys would need to make Geoff's wish come true.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
So we may be slow-playing Koot's LOI?

Let's put that in perspective on recent signing classes. Koots has a rating of .8473, which is probably fair and reasonable.

2016 he would be 9th ranked in the class, per 247 (for the granularity)
2017: 8th
2018: 10th
2019: 14th
2020: unsure if we will take him?!?
He may have a school ceremony set up. Sometimes the schools do mass signings at end of the day.

Walton

Damn Good Rat
Our official GT Football twitter feed made it easy to do.

Just another bit of proof that our coaching staff 'gets it' on social media. With every commit, they had that little montage ready with a quote, photo, 20 second'ish moving video between the pieces of the montage. Then they'd come back later and do a reply on Twitter to their original one to include the video so that his montage and highlight video stayed together. Seems like a small thing to you & me maybe...but it's HUGE to recruits.

I likewise expect that in February, you're going to see the billboards around ATL...one for each signee from early and February signing. Great use of recruiting budget. I was told all of the early enrollees drove to their billboards, took photos and sent them back to their families and their schools. INSTANT marketing at the kids' high schools...brilliant!
Yeah the graphics were great and seemed to be special for signing day. For comparison sake, I checked out what UGA was doing it. It was sad compared to what we did but I'm sure they will copy us for next season. ;-) :rotfl:

We didn't only have the "signed" graphic but typically followed with a short highlight video of the player.

agt45

Distinguished Gentleman
Found this explanation of a blue shirt on the interwebs

The blueshirt rule allows schools to put "unrecruited" athletes on scholarship once they arrive on campus, but count them against the next year's scholarship total, as long as they don't play. Here's what it means to be "recruited," according to the NCAA:

• Was provided an official visit to the campus;
  • Had arranged, in-person, off-campus contact with a coach; or
  • Was sent an NLI or other written scholarship offer.
Coaches can contact players and have them on campus for unofficial visits — when the recruits pay their ways — without technically recruiting them. Essentially, as long as a recruit doesn't take an official visit or host one of that school's coaches, he wasn't "recruited" by that school.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Some of us are going to have to bulk up in the off-season in order to be able to continue to follow this team.
Better be building a waaaayyyy bigger juice wagon, because I think we're going to need it with all of the converts wanting to saddle up to the Juice Bar.