Official #GOLDblooded20 Signing Day Thread

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Either our roster is bunk, or someone handed him some bad info.
The roster is bunk...it always is and always has been. They used to list Joe Hamilton at 5'11"...bahahaha. And they listed Justin Thomas about 3 inches taller than he really was. The heights/weights they put on there almost never match reality.

How does this class rank in the ACC? Top 5?
When I looked this morning, we were #3 behind Clemson and UNC, IIRC. We were ahead of FSU, Virginia Tech, etc. I have no idea which service that was quoting and I saw where someone else said we were #5 on 24/7.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Can't Gibbs sign any day he'd like as long as he signs before the February date?

Walton

Damn Good Rat
In the ACC, there is a definite "stratification". Clemson, Miami, UNC, GT, FSU on the top and every one else below. It is easiest to see in the number of 4 stars. GT as the least in the top group at 6. Most of the bottom has zero with a few 1s and 2s.

I think VT is the program that can move to the top but they have an awful class so far this year. GT isn't guaranteed to stay in the top group but with Collins I think it can.

Clemson will be there a while and Miami and FSU basically are locked into good classes; it would be hard to purposely recruit bad at those schools. UNC should be strong with their coach. 5th should be a realistic but positive goal for GT.

BTW, it does seem like FSU signed a few 4-stars that were not committed so they have jumped over us. Don't know the scoop or details.

Techbert

Dodd-Like
The roster is bunk...it always is and always has been. They used to list Joe Hamilton at 5'11"...bahahaha. And they listed Justin Thomas about 3 inches taller than he really was. The heights/weights they put on there almost never match reality.

When I looked this morning, we were #3 behind Clemson and UNC, IIRC. We were ahead of FSU, Virginia Tech, etc. I have no idea which service that was quoting and I saw where someone else said we were #5 on 24/7.
Not talking to you, but to those not used to following recruiting, which means everyone who started being a fan after 2007.

These rankings have a lot more margin for error than anyone in the recruiting service selling industry is willing to admit. Do not worry about 22 vs 25, for example. It is a trivial difference and prolly illusionary.

Clem's class is better than ours, and mebbe better than everyone else's. They are outside the margin of error with us, as are prolly the top 14 teams.

Miami @18, UNC @19, and FSU @21 are all essentially the same as GT @24. Throw a hat over them and let them play it out on Saturdays. Louisville @38 is outside the margin of error in the other direction, as is the rest of the ACC.

So we have not cracked the elite level (yet.) But whoever is coaching us in 2023 (and I hope it is CGC) is going to be hailed a coaching genius because they will have an outstanding record.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Not talking to you, but to those not used to following recruiting, which means everyone who started being a fan after 2007.

These rankings have a lot more margin for error than anyone in the recruiting service selling industry is willing to admit. Do not worry about 22 vs 25, for example. It is a trivial difference and prolly illusionary.

Clem's class is better than ours, and mebbe better than everyone else's. They are outside the margin of error with us, as are prolly the top 14 teams.

Miami @18, UNC @19, and FSU @21 are all essentially the same as GT @24. Throw a hat over them and let them play it out on Saturdays. Louisville @38 is outside the margin of error in the other direction, as is the rest of the ACC.

So we have not cracked the elite level (yet.) But whoever is coaching us in 2023 (and I hope it is CGC) is going to be hailed a coaching genius because they will have an outstanding record.
I would definitely agree with this. Tons of margin for error. Tons of kids who do not get looked at. Tons of funny business in who gets bumps and who does not.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Another thing you are wrong about. He can sign Wed thru Fri this week. Then he would have to wait until Feb.
I asked a question, hence the question mark. Punctuation must be difficult for you