Official #GOLDblooded20 Signing Day Thread

gtGreg768b

Elemenopee

My favorite part is at the 2:09 mark, when he references his class from 2007. Or as he so eloquently put it, "The greatest recruiting class in the history of college football." Can't question the man's positivity! Heck, relative to expectations maybe it was... Go Jackets!! #GOLDblooded20
I think he was talking about the class at Alabama that had Mark Ingram and Terrence Cody in it, as that was where he worked with Suddes before... He left Tech (after putting together the great 2007 signing class), and moved to Alabama where he put together one of the most ballyhooed classes ever.

GT98

Dodd-Like
Eddie Lee Ivery was in that class wasn’t he?
When was Charles Dudish? He would be considered the highest ranked recruit ever for GT if such a thing was ranked during his day.

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
I think he was talking about the class at Alabama that had Mark Ingram and Terrence Cody in it, as that was where he worked with Suddes before... He left Tech (after putting together the great 2007 signing class), and moved to Alabama where he put together one of the most ballyhooed classes ever.
Interesting class rankings---Temple #66; VPI #72; Southern Cal #79

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
My favorite is at the very end talking about Johnson's mom's athletic career (I think it was him). Something like...

"She was a 2 time All-American....at a school about NINETY-MINUTES (emphasis) northeast of Atlanta."

:lol2: So friggin funny.
If he starts using the term "Georgie" we got something ! :heelclick:

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
I think that is the one he was intending to reference and got his wires crossed on the year

I liked the well placed Varsity cup swig with a bottle of water on the table.
I think it was just his phrasing. He said he was with Suddes putting that class together in 2007, which is true, since most of the actual recruiting would have been done in that calendar year for the 2008 class.

gtfan088

Dodd-Like
A better judgment of where this class ranks in GT history won't be possible until at least a couple years down the road, but I think an argument can be made that this is the most impressive class we've ever had when put into context--transitioning out of an option offense, 3-9 season, etc.

Chattanooga Jacket

Damn Good Rat
A better judgment of where this class ranks in GT history won't be possible until at least a couple years down the road, but I think an argument can be made that this is the most impressive class we've ever had when put into context--transitioning out of an option offense, 3-9 season, etc.
The coaching staff definitely has an additional selling point right now - better odds of quick playing time due to the scheme change. After a few years of some solid recruiting and running the same system that selling point may dry up. Hopefully, the selling point will then become - come play for a winner.

User 10337

The coaching staff definitely has an additional selling point right now - better odds of quick playing time due to the scheme change. After a few years of some solid recruiting and running the same system that selling point may dry up. Hopefully, the selling point will then become - come play for a winner.
Never hurt clems son

Yukonwreck

Dodd-Like
What happened with Wiggles? Is there any chance Marco Coleman can lure him back?

Walton

Damn Good Rat
What happened with Wiggles? Is there any chance Marco Coleman can lure him back?
He made a statement on Wed (or Tuesday) that his recruitment was open and he wouldn't be signing until Feb.

Illinois flipped a DE from Maryland so they might not have space for him now and GT seems the same way. I hope the kid didn't "screw" up and it is just normal stuff and he finds a good home.

LongforDodd

Dodd-Like
Played for Avondale High, never amounted to jack
I remember seeing some local "special" from back then showing him in an Avondale game where he had dislocated his shoulder and the doctor on the sideline trying to put it back in. I couldn't have been more than 12 or 13 but boy do I remember Dudish writhing in pain like it was yesterday