Official GT v Duke Gameday Thread

Throwing downfield for your top wideout in 1-on-1 coverage is not a bad playcall...

is their QB really a threat to run? he has not impressed me at all

Seriously?

No matter how talented the QB, he needs to get in a rhythm to complete those long passes. He needs to be able to feel that touch when releasing the ball. You get that by doing the intermediate and short routes.

none of the passes were "low percentage" passes. they were bad throws.

The Duke guy was running with Waller until he saw the ball. He then adjusted and made the catch. I don't think Vad has done a great job passing today but Our wr's certainly are not helping.

Relax, Joe Hamilton didn't set the world on fire the beginning of his RS So. year either.

FWIW, all the anti-Tevin posters from last year can look at this game as evidence. Always thought Tevin gave us the best chance to win, but the best argument was getting Vad's feet wet for this and the next two years.

our special teams play has been impressive today so far

Are we 1/7 passing with a TD and an interception?
Glad we have the lead, hopefully passing looks better later.

FWIW, all the anti-Tevin posters from last year can look at this game as evidence. Always thought Tevin gave us the best chance to win, but the best argument was getting Vad's feet wet for this and the next two years.

cough bonham cough

Relax, Joe Hamilton didn't set the world on fire the beginning of his RS So. year either.

Meh, TW likely would have us in the same situation Vad does now. I can take it from the Soph. the SR should be better. TW peaked at the 2010 ugag game.

It was especially ridiculous to ask Tevin to throw these long bombs.

Back