Official Missouri-Pig Suey Thread

Never give up hope:

Arkansas beats Mizzou
Ole Miss beats Miss St
Tech beats ugag
ugag beats Bama
Tech beats FSU

= Tech in playoffs, SEC gets left out

This is the best of both worlds, how could you not pull for it! Plus we can claim ACC and SEC Champions!

Plus no SEC in playoffs is the quickest path to an 8 team playoff with every P5 Champ included, which is more good news for Tech.

Win-Win-Win.

For this scenario, presume that Oregon, OSU and one of TCU/Baylor are locks. That leaves the committee to select between Tech, a 2 loss Bama, and a one loss TCU/Baylor. Not sure who would win out in that discussion.

For this scenario, presume that Oregon, OSU and one of TCU/Baylor are locks. That leaves the committee to select between Tech, a 2 loss Bama, and a one loss TCU/Baylor. Not sure who would win out in that discussion.

Who do you think? I'd bet every penny I've ever earned and every one I'll earn in the future that it would not be Tech.

I agree and only 1 of those 3 is a conference champ. Also the Big12 has the second worse OOC record against other P5 teams only behind the Big10. ACC currently has 3rd best and could finish 2nd best with a sweep of SEC this weekend.

To me, that is an easy decision for Tech, unless the ACC goes 1-3 or 0-4 against SEC this weekend, than maybe Bama would get the edge. However with a Tech win over ugag and ugag win over Bama, I still think you give a 2-loss ACC Champ a slight edge over a 2-loss SEC runner up considering the results of the 2 ugag games.

All those playoff scenarios are so far-fetched. I'm sure Tech will jump up a number of spots, but TCU/Baylor among other teams would be tough.

I'm not rooting for USCe either for Orange Bowl possibilities. Sweeping the SEC would be great, whatever the bowl stuff.

Also, this is some terrible football. The SEC has the defensive talent for sure, but their offenses (outside of UGA) are so freaking inept.

How is the SEC the "premier" conference with Mizzou one of the top teams?

If we beat the SEC champ and win the ACC, we absolutely have a shot at the playoffs. I can guarantee it's the only shot at the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back