Official MNC pre game thread: Bama v. Clemson

This NCAA commercial loves to hawk up the UGA player that wrote a children's book but loves to ignore the fact that he was admitted to college without the ability to read at an elementary level

Not stopping the clock to set the chains after a first down? Seriously, not doing that points to out and out cheating more than to incompetence.

Not stopping the clock to set the chains after a first down? Seriously, not doing that points to out and out cheating more than to incompetence.

Ya. At least when it happened to us, it was against a terrible UNC team in a game in October.

I think I'd be bleeding from the ears if that happened in a title game with Tech.

This NCAA commercial loves to hawk up the UGA player that wrote a children's book but loves to ignore the fact that he was admitted to college without the ability to read at an elementary level

screw the mutts I have a feeling Kirby is Ray Goff part 2

Yup... Said the same thing. What a joke.

No matter what, the Bama OC would be the worst ever. The only reason Clemson is in this game is because Bama has attempted to throw the ball.
I like what Kiffen is doing. Outside of one dominating play by the Bama OLine, Henry hasn't done anything much in this game. Bama can't beat Clemson (and many other teams) without Coker making some plays.

Odd ball observation/thought about the college game and rules. I recognize it's a quirk of the game - like having the refs run 25 yds to spot a ball where inches matter. So, I get it's just part of the game but...

It feels weird that in hurry up situations the chain gang and the refs spot the ball/chains and start the game clock with so much more efficiency after a first down. I feel either the clock shouldn't stop (like NFL) or it should be standardized regardless of hurry up or running plays in.

Thoughts?

So to him it was just "a book."

JRjr

Outside that play he's averaging >4 yards per carry with only one negative play.

Odd ball observation/thought about the college game and rules. I recognize it's a quirk of the game - like having the refs run 25 yds to spot a ball where inches matter. So, I get it's just part of the game but...

It feels weird that in hurry up situations the chain gang and the refs spot the ball/chains and start the game clock with so much more efficiency after a first down. I feel either the clock shouldn't stop (like NFL) or it should be standardized regardless of hurry up or running plays in.

Thoughts?

Agree... I like the college way better than the NFL, but it would be better if they standardized the amount of time. Maybe at the least, give the teams a guaranteed 10 second break, and if it takes longer than that to spot the ball, then play commences on the whistle after they are done.

That's the second time I've seen it. Bama OL is dirty as öööö. They'll push people over a pile trying to roll the defenders legs toward the end of the whistle.

Dirty ööööers, man.

Clemson has already made more egregious errors in a little over a half than I thought they could the entire game and still win. Still... Only down 7, and driving.

Back