Official MNC pre game thread: Bama v. Clemson

Go Tigers!

Even though sEcSPN is already whoring the game out as an SEC game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...otball-playoff-title-glorified-sec-title-game

ESPN vernacular:
  • SEC school - large, Southeast public university located in the middle of nowhere that draws large crowds, has poor academic, and will do anything to win
  • ACC school - private or small public university in a city that always loses cross rival games to the SEC
  • B1G school - any school located in the middle of a corn field with lots of white guys on the line
  • PAC school - any school that throws the ball and/or plays hurry up offense
  • Big XII school - any school in Texas or Oklahoma
Based on the above definitions, VT and Clemson are honorary SEC members and Vandy is an honorary ACC member.

I dont like anybody's chances against that Bama unworldly front seven, but the only type of team that has given Bama fits the past few years are the hurry up spread teams like Auburn, TAMU, and Ole Miss. MSU had 0% chance to beat them running straight at them. You cant beat Bama man vs man. You need to run around them and I think Clemson has a decent chance. They just have to keep Watson upright which will be a tough task. Oh yeah, and dont punt to that returner.

I want the Tigers to win, but would predict Bama to win 20-17.

So long as all conference champions are not invited it is mythical.

Dabo needs to bone up on the Bama Georgia Southern game from a couple years ago.

Bama's hyper-aggressive DL has no answer for the option.

I'm still stunned, however, that Bama put 30+ on the board against MSU. Clemson's D is not as good as MSU's.

I think Clemson's only hope is that they can shut down Bama's deep threats and force them into running most of the time. That's not a formula for a Clemson win but should slow the game down quite a bit. And in a close game where it is imperative to score on a game winning drive, I think Clemson is way better than Bama.

So in a one-sided game, Bama. In a one-score game, Clemson.

So long as Clemson moves the ball a little bit their D will look better than MSU's even if it's not as good. I think they are as good though maybe a little less disciplined and team focused. Michigan State has great defensive technique.

The Shaq Lawson injury is big if he's out of the title game.

Dabo needs to bone up on the Bama Georgia Southern game from a couple years ago.

Bama's hyper-aggressive DL has no answer for the option.

I'm still stunned, however, that Bama put 30+ on the board against MSU. Clemson's D is not as good as MSU's.

I think Clemson's only hope is that they can shut down Bama's deep threats and force them into running most of the time. That's not a formula for a Clemson win but should slow the game down quite a bit. And in a close game where it is imperative to score on a game winning drive, I think Clemson is way better than Bama.

So in a one-sided game, Bama. In a one-score game, Clemson.

A lot of what goes into Bama scoring that much is how often their offense is on the field, due to their defense.

That said, if Clemson learns from the things MSU did wrong on defense their chances go up too. MSU corners and safeties seemed to avoid the Bama receivers like they had ebola. They forgot the adage of our offense that you don't need a great QB to hit a wide open receiver and played super soft coverage, so Bama started hitting big passing plays.

Go Tigers!

Even though sEcSPN is already whoring the game out as an SEC game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...otball-playoff-title-glorified-sec-title-game

ESPN vernacular:
  • SEC school - large, Southeast public university located in the middle of nowhere that draws large crowds, has poor academic, and will do anything to win
  • ACC school - private or small public university in a city that always loses cross rival games to the SEC
  • B1G school - any school located in the middle of a corn field with lots of white guys on the line
  • PAC school - any school that throws the ball and/or plays hurry up offense
  • Big XII school - any school in Texas or Oklahoma
Based on the above definitions, VT and Clemson are honorary SEC members and Vandy is an honorary ACC member.

Well, Clemson was intentionally modeled after Auburn, so yeah.

So long as all conference champions are not invited it is mythical.

:hsugh:

ok, bro, i guess that a MAC champ should go ahead of a one or two-loss PAC12, SEC or ACC non-champion?

i strongly disagree

Bama's 30+ points can be attributed to two things. First, MSU's offense never got traction and kept giving the ball back to Bama, and second Lane Kiffin is slowly changing the Bama offensive philosophy from the basic pound the ball inside to a more open offense. Despite all the Kiffin jokes and deserved criticism as a head coach, he may be the best offensive coordinator Saban has had at Bama. Kiffin did a masterful job establishing Coker in the first half while Derrick Henry seldom saw the ball. It was a well developed game plan on offense.

i like fun-loving Clemson over boring, business-like Bama

lets hope college football stays college football with fake punts, long heaves, crazy plays and not the boring percentage game of the NFL.

Yabba Dabo DO!

Well, Clemson was intentionally modeled after Auburn, so yeah.

Technically, Miss St., but same difference.

In his will, Clemson explicitly stated that he wanted the school to be modeled after what is now Mississippi State University: "This institution, I desire, to be under the control and management of a board of trustees, a part of whom are hereinafter appointed, and to be modeled after the Agricultural College of Mississippi as far as practicable."[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University

Back