Official MNC pre game thread: Bama v. Clemson

I'd love the see Alabama go back to Tuscaloosa as Championship Game losers again ... :faint:

Watching both games last night, I just can't see how anyone can beat Bama right now. They get so much pressure up front rushing just 4. Even when Watson gets by the front 4, he's gonna have the 3 backers and the safeties waiting on him. But F it. Clemson wins 27-21.

Technically, Miss St., but same difference.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University

I didn't know that; but I did know this:

In the rich history of Southern football, Auburn and Clemson are like second cousins by marriage who skip the mish mash and call each other brothers. Clemson football, after all, owes much of its start to Auburn. Walter Riggs was a member of Auburn’s first football team in 1892, and four years later, he left to start a football program in Clemson, 232 miles northeast of the plains.
As legend has it, Riggs, low on funds and resources, “borrowed” some of Auburn’s old practice uniforms for the new team. According to writer W.J. Lane Sr., the navy jerseys had faded from the washboard washings and resembled a dingy LSU purple, but the orange jerseys had retained their original color. Therefore he made orange the Tigers’ (looks like he borrowed that too) dominant color with purple (err, faded navy) as the accompanying color.

Clemson’s iconic Tillman Hall was designed by the same architect who designed Samford Hall, and man do they look eerily similar.

http://wp.auburn.edu/auburnmagazine/those-tigers-in-south-carolina/

i like fun-loving Clemson over boring, business-like Bama

lets hope college football stays college football with fake punts, long heaves, crazy plays and not the boring percentage game of the NFL.

Yabba Dabo DO!

Yeah, because Clemson is trying so hard to keep college football ...college football:lol:

Yeah, they do and Dabo tries to be fun and not a boring sack. If you disagree then give examples instead of dumbass emojis

We need Clemson to win to make college football bearable next year. Otherwise, it will be this same SEC, SEC, SEC bullshite all over again....but if Clemson is actually an SEC school (who knew :BFD:?) then it won't matter who wins.

Bama is overvalued right now. The only reason they dominated MSU is because MSU plays a style of ball that Alabama works perfectly against. Remember that other option teams have been the team's to be Bama - TAMU, Ole Miss, Oklahoma, Ohio State

I've never seen a clearer case of Good vs Evil for a football game in my entire life.

Dabo & God Himself vs Nick Satan, Lane Kiffin, and the new UGA head football coach.

This championship game will show us, once and for all whether God gives two öööös about football or not.

A Clemson win would be a welcome breath of fresh air.

Unfortunately, I expect more stale air and Watson to take a vicious beating. :frown:

I've never seen a clearer case of Good vs Evil for a football game in my entire life.

Dabo & God Himself vs Nick Satan, Lane Kiffin, and the new UGA head football coach.

This championship game will show us, once and for all whether God gives two öööös about football or not.

Perfect. Exactly.

Post of the year

:hsugh:

ok, bro, i guess that a MAC champ should go ahead of a one or two-loss PAC12, SEC or ACC non-champion?

i strongly disagree

I think you misunderstood. As long as a team can win their conference and get robbed of an opportunity to even compete for the title simply because some old dudes in a room said so, then the championship is mythical. Screwing the PAC12, SEC, or ACC instead of the MAC is no better. It will only be fair when the field is expanded.

If Shaq Lawson can play, I think Coker will see pressure like he didn't see against Sparty. Clemson also won't make the mistake of putting a safety on Ridley in the slot.

Most of the ESPN talking heads picked Oklahoma to beat Clemson and Clemson shut them down in the second half. I don't think they can do that to Alabama, but Bama also has trouble with mobile, running QBs (something Brian Kelly absolutely failed to exploit in the 2012 BCS championship game). Clemson is going to have to run the ball and they are going to have to throw on first and second down some.

I like Clemson's chances.

:rotfl:

I think you misunderstood. As long as a team can win their conference and get robbed of an opportunity to even compete for the title simply because some old dudes in a room said so, then the championship is mythical. Screwing the PAC12, SEC, or ACC instead of the MAC is no better. It will only be fair when the field is expanded.

The conference championships are also mythical (except for the Big 12) because of unbalanced scheduling across divisions and no round robin.

The conference championships are also mythical (except for the Big 12) because of unbalanced scheduling across divisions and no round robin.

That's not really how it works. By that definition, every championship in American sports is mythical. It's extremely rare to have a league that has fully balanced schedules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

That's not really how it works. By that definition, every championship in American sports is mythical. It's extremely rare to have a league that has fully balanced schedules.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Tapatalk

True. But in this case you could have 8 twelve team conferences that played round robin plus one OOC game that wouldn't count in the conference and have the 8 true champions in a playoff. Until the last round of conference shifts things were fairly close to this and with a few shuffles now it could be done.

Clemson can beat Bama it all depends on if Bama can contain Watson. If Watson can scramble Bama is going to have a hard time winning.

I will pull for Clemson until they meet us at BDS next season where we will ööööing humiliate them, kill them, lay them to waste.

Back