Official **NCG** Huskies v Wolverines thread

Lowish scoring game. Take the under and take the points. Michigan 27-23

That will be me, most likely. It sucks.

I am ok with either team winning, but also don't really have a rooting interest, so I am unlikely to stay up til the end.

Michigan's margin of victory has been declining steadily all year - 3 of their last 4 games have been one-score games - teams are starting to figure out how to mitigate their pass rush.

The last 5 teams Michigan has faced have been pretty good. Maryland (8-5) is the worst of that group but have a top 25 passing offense.

I am pulling for the Huskies. But, the injury to the RB could hurt. If they are one dimensional it will be hard to block that front seven if they don't have to worry about the run.

I’ve never seen Alabama’s offensive line get pushed around the way Michigan pushed them around. I’m just not sure that Penix will have the opportunities for downfield stuff like he did against Texas.

Nope. Our secondary is tied with Michigan's in terms of passes defended (passes broken up + interceptions). You are attributing their overall passing yards allowed per game to their secondary when its really due to their front 7. Most teams can't throw on MI because they can't protect their QB against Michigan's pass rush. Michigan's margin of victory has been declining steadily all year - 3 of their last 4 games have been one-score games - teams are starting to figure out how to mitigate their pass rush.

Washington is in the top 3 in not allowing sacks - not entirely due to their OL which isn't bad but also because Penix just doesn't like getting sacked and knows how to not get sacked. I also think Washington is going to try to score from outside the Red Zone and avoid trying to "punch it in" against Michigan's brick wall.

I fully expect MI to clamp down on Washington's passing game early by going all-in on pass rush in the first half but I don't think they can keep it up all game. Mi leads at halftime maybe 14 to 10 ish but Washington figures it out at halftime and pulls ahead in 2nd half.

Bottom line: If Washington can score at all from outside the 20, game over.
Fair enough on the D for Michigan, but you are underestimating the last 5 games they’ve played. Offensive PPG was going to go down based on level of competition.

That said, Washington’s bend but don’t break D has been on the verge of blowing it more often than not lately. Go back 1 week against Texas. That game should never have come down Texas having multiple chances to win.

Washington’s defense is the worst defense Michigan has faced since they played IU, MSU, and Purdue. Michigan scored 52, 49, 41. The last time Washington held a team to 20 and under was Oregon State where they won 22-20. Washington has given up 30+ 6 times this year, including the last 2 games.

Defense wins championships. And Michigan looks like they have both the better OL and DL. What Michigan did for 3+ quarters against Alabama along the LOS on both sides of the ball wasn’t a fluke. And now they face a suspect DL, and a good but not great OL.

I’m probably wrong, but I think Michigan wins by 14-17 pulling away in the 4th quarter.

I’m probably wrong, but I think Michigan wins by 14-17 pulling away in the 4th quarter.

I tend to agree. I'm predicting that UM's ground game will control the clock while Washington's front 7 is going to be sucking wind by the middle of the 3rd.

I could see Washington running away with it if they make some explosive plays early while getting some stops and forcing Michigan to abandon their game plan. I don't see Washington winning if it's close at the half.

Computers are all saying Michigan, but Penix is the x-factor. Dude is a baller. Agreed with 77GTFan that Dillon being nowhere near 100% could really hurt the Huskies. I'm just hoping for a close game or a Huskies blowout. Nothing against Michigan ... I just want a Pac12 team to win in their last year. It'd be the most Pac12 thing to do.

And öööö Michigan fans. So damn pretentious.
Watching our alums öööö on Tech sidewalk fans over the years
N3Q0MWJ3Mi5naWY.gif

But is it a true championship game without an SEC team in it? I know Bama lost but couldn't they give them another shot since they look like they should be really good? This one will definitely have an asterisk in the record books.

In all seriousness, Michigan pressured Milroe all game long. Is Washington's line better than Bama's?

Both Washington and Michigan are fake prestigious. GT is elite and truly what “college” football is about. We should be in this championship game.

Back