Official Saturday Games Thread Episode 3: Air Force, Army, National Guard

This is why college OT is öööö. USC did nothing now they can just kick a FG to win, just by virtue of it being their turn

I mean, USC did something. They stripped the ball preventing UT from getting any points.

I mean, USC did something. They stripped the ball preventing UT from getting any points.

UT would only have had to kick a FG if USC had gone first in that second OT

Flip a coin and you've simulated the entire USC - Texas game

UT would only have had to kick a FG if USC had gone first in that second OT

So you think Texas would have changed up their offensive game plan based on what USC did, but you don't think USC would have changed up their offensive game plan if they were getting the ball first instead of second?

So you think Texas would have changed up their offensive game plan based on what USC did, but you don't think USC would have changed up their offensive game plan if they were getting the ball first instead of second?

No, I think they both would have acted differently if the situation were reversed.

This game isn't the best example of the brokenness because it went to double OT, but the team that wins the OT coin toss wins the game >60% of the time, due to starting in FG range. Severely broken

but the team that wins the OT coin toss wins the game >60% of the time, due to starting in FG range.
Why does starting in FG range mean the first team usually wins? Common way of thinking is that it's better to go second.

Back