Official Saturday Non-Bye Games Thread

So, I fell asleep, but apparently Gordon (Washington State’s QB) threw for 9 touchdowns last night.

And they lost.

The Wash St players won’t be seeing their fat little girl friends for a while.
I bet sometimes the Washington State fans wish he'd stop trying to be Mr funny guy and coach up some defense

I bet sometimes the Washington State fans wish he'd stop trying to be Mr funny guy and coach up some defense

I love Leach, but it does seem like all the offensive scheme guru head coaches all have trouble fielding a passable defense, whether it be CPJ, Leach, Kingsbury, June Jones, whomever. Lack of attention to it or the defense having to practice against it?

Probably why more teams dont go that route.

Last edited:
I love Leach, but it does seem like all the offensive scheme guru head coaches all have trouble fielding a passable defense, whether it be CPJ, Leach, Kingsbury, June Jones, whomever. Lack of attention to it or the defense having to practice against it?

Which is probably where the adage “defense wins championships” comes from. Defensive coaches can field serviceable offenses whereas the O guys struggle with defense.

Which is probably where the adage “defense wins championships” comes from. Defensive coaches can field serviceable offenses whereas the O guys struggle with defense.

Outside of Cam Newton dragging a Ted Roof defense to a natty, that adage has held up well (and even then, the HC was a defensive guy). Interested to see if Oklahoma can ever play good enough defense to win one.

I would say the 6 turnovers (3 fumbles by receivers) were a bigger issue then their defense last night. In addition they were scoring so fast, it seemed like there were a lot of possessions. I’ll take what they put on the field any day of the week over what we’ve fielded thus far.

Washington State might not fit in with other cases

Washington State has some of the crappiest HS FB in the country , it is expected for any HC there to build the Offense while praying that the Defense can make just enough plays to allow him to win

I know about U-Dub, but recrootin California players to Seattle is a lot easier than recrootin HS talent to Pullman, Wash

I'm guessing the 11th player is a running back just out of frame?
Yep. Hey Michigan, we gonna hand the ball to the RB, and there ain't a got damn thing you can do about stopping it

Back