Official Spring Football Juice thread

aeromech

Dodd-Like
I think Collins is using this as a way of taking the celebration off the field where it could cause a penalty. If that’s what he’s doing, it’s not a bad idea.
That may be what his thought process is; but it would likely backfire if that is the case. 'Practice like you play' seems to be a popular mantra, if you allow smack talk and celebrations in practice; don't be shocked when it carries over to the game. It is like telling your kids it is ok to drop F-bombs at home; just don't do it in public (good luck with that).

As for sideline dancing in spring practice, I'm meh to it. I might enjoy it more if we were winning. Glad the players the having a good time, winning can be fun too.

:crapstorm:

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
That may be what his thought process is; but it would likely backfire if that is the case. 'Practice like you play' seems to be a popular mantra, if you allow smack talk and celebrations in practice; don't be shocked when it carries over to the game. It is like telling your kids it is ok to drop F-bombs at home; just don't do it in public (good luck with that).

As for sideline dancing in spring practice, I'm meh to it. I might enjoy it more if we were winning. Glad the players the having a good time, winning can be fun too.

:crapstorm:
But if this is the new game rule too? I’d be all in favor of no celebration on field other than slapping helmets and handing ball to ref. Then let them get to sideline and act a fool on go pro.

aeromech

Dodd-Like
But if this is the new game rule too? I’d be all in favor of no celebration on field other than slapping helmets and handing ball to ref. Then let them get to sideline and act a fool on go pro.
Could work; but I haven't seen many championship teams use that approach. I think Saban would have an aneurysm, I guess Dabo might allow it after they are up by 35.

Edit: Still this is spring practice, so meh. It might be different attitude in the fall.

savbandjacket

Dr. SBJ
Could work; but I haven't seen many championship teams use that approach. I think Saban would have an aneurysm, I guess Dabo might allow it after they are up by 35.

Edit: Still this is spring practice, so meh. It might be different attitude in the fall.
I’m hoping this is an effort to control some of the 15 yard bullshit we have on the field. Our coach clearly believes in unbridled enthusiasm from his players. This seems like an effort to redirect that to somewhere it isn’t detrimental.

The Jacket

The Coat
Could work; but I haven't seen many championship teams use that approach.
Not yet.

You guys seem to be missing the point, even though it's right there in the first four words. "Celebrate on the sidelines." If this carries over at all into the Fall, it seems that the idea is to get the players off the field as quickly as possible so they can celebrate as they please where it won't draw the ire of the incomparably inept ACC officials. If your issue is with players celebrating at all, that's a you problem.

edit: I do not know how to count.

ncjacket

Dodd-Like

If we had Alabama or Clemson talent it wouldn’t matter how we celebrated.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Wrong shade of gold?
I don’t know. It was the only one that came close to what he appeared to be wearing, and they don’t seem to be making anything special for GT from what I’ve seen so far.