Official Spring Game thread

Actually message boards can be very informative so I wouldn't say they are completely nonproductive. If anyone here thought they could affect the outcome of the games, they would be ludicrous. But if posts are constantly negative, it does detour members from wanting to read the board. Unless, you prefer to waller in negativity which seems to be the ST MO IMO.
How do you expect message boards to be informative without being honest? The offense looked terrible as CPJ said in the post game interview broadcast to the whole stadium. Stop trying for everything to be sunshine and rainbows.

How do you expect message boards to be informative without being honest? The offense looked terrible as CPJ said in the post game interview broadcast to the whole stadium. Stop trying for everything to be sunshine and rainbows.
I was there, so I don't need ST to tell me what was said. Maybe the offense was terrible because the D was good. Maybe I like sunshine and rainbows better than gloom and doom. I don't see anything wrong with that. My main point is that so many have written the season off already. I'm just saying it's too early to make those judgements. 2014 spring game was a mess, but look how the season turned out.

@Flea77, I hope you don't mind me quoting your post from Swarm when you were asked your opinion on the O/D line performance.
Things change a lot in real play when QB can be tackled and like he said the D knows the plays, etc.
I don't mind at all. That was simply my opinion after watching hundreads of football practice/scrimmages over the years. I never pay much attention to what happens in the spring. Spring practice is a individual evaluation process.

I don't mind at all. That was simply my opinion after watching hundreads of football practice/scrimmages over the years. I never pay much attention to what happens in the spring. Spring practice is a individual evaluation process.
I agree completely. It's part of the growth process, not the end result of what the season will be like.

We used the formation where the slot receiver goes into orbit motion. It seems like we use that in bunches for certain games. I guess there's a reason for that but it would be interesting to me if we could work that in randomly throughout every game. I know it threw FSU for a loop when we used it back in 2009 or whatever it was.
Why change our formations when the other team has practiced for a week getting ready for our standard look. Do you want to confuse them?

The faux optimism in here is amazing considering we're coming off a 3-9 season. If we were coming off our 2014 season, sure, all these excuses, "what if's", and "it's never as bad as it seems" comments might actually be reasonable, but we're 9 years into our system and it's very obvious that our O-line coaching still blows. Without an O-line, we go 3-9 again.

Leadership on the field by players is an underrated quality that imo has a lot of impact on the results on the field

The major problem with the offense looking terrible in the spring game is that spring game (for most teams) is just hope propaganda. If you can't get it right against your own team in a controlled environment, how are you going to get it right in live action?

I'm sure most coaches will tell you that it's just another practice (and I'm sure it's true in CPJ's case) but they are still trying to sell season tickets.

I never take what I see from spring and make a judgment on what we should or could be. So much changes from Spring to Fall. Players are growing and trying to get better. This place tends to be extremely negative anyway. It's like where the negatives hang out. :)

stingtalk is negative when the team sucks and right now, coming off 3-9 and until proven wrong, they suck.

We had Russell uniforms, ran the option and didn't have 93k in the stands. We are doomed and should just all go to a truck stop and buy Georgia hats.

Back