Official Spring Game thread

GTMom

Dodd-Like
@Flea77, I hope you don't mind me quoting your post from Swarm when you were asked your opinion on the O/D line performance.
Watching a live scrimmage I only really get to see what one player is doing because I watch my son.Its hard to gauge the performance of a unit when your QB is playing touch football. I thought there were several times that the drives would have continued it we were live. The week before if we did not drop some passes the first O would have prob scored on every series except 1 when they got a 15 yard penalty. My take is that the O is going against a D that is improved and the D knows the OL's calls and QB checks. So thats prob why counters do not slow the backers or the ability to check into something to take advantage of numbers. The OL will be fine. You can go back a few days and watch Andrew Marshall's interview. Thats is the type of players we have. Team guys, bring your lunch pail to work everyday.
Things change a lot in real play when QB can be tackled and like he said the D knows the plays, etc.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
@Flea77, I hope you don't mind me quoting your post from Swarm when you were asked your opinion on the O/D line performance.
Things change a lot in real play when QB can be tackled and like he said the D knows the plays, etc.
Which defense doesn't know our plays? And is our defense getting the experience they need when they play other offenses if they are so focused on stopping ours? This doesn't sound so rosy to me based on the offenses ineptness last year.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
Which defense doesn't know our plays? And is our defense getting the experience they need when they play other offenses if they are so focused on stopping ours? This doesn't sound so rosy to me based on the offenses ineptness last year.
I'm guessing if we have a winning season and play in a bowl game, you won't find anything that seams rosy to you except watching coit run in a girl's 5k.

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
I'm guessing if we have a winning season and play in a bowl game, you won't find anything that seams rosy to you except watching coit run in a girl's 5k.
I know we all love to give 92 a bunch of öööö and all but I think it is important to remember that he did actually play football at GT once upon a time. He probably remembers at least a little bit about the game.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
IF is the key word. I'm rooting for the team, but I am being realistic. It is more likely that a bowl will be on smurf turf or involve the various ways that nuts can be spelled. Still a vast improvement over last year.

Since you were at the game, you probably missed out on CPJ calling out the OL and qb play at the end. I don't blame the players for it when it is obviously a recurring problem.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
It is more likely that a bowl will be on smurf turf or involve the various ways that nuts can be spelled.
:rotfl:

Since you were at the game, you probably missed out on CPJ calling out the OL and qb play at the end. I don't blame the players for it when it is obviously a recurring problem.
Exactly!!

ramblinwise1

beware the zealot
Just watched the highlights on rr.com. The 76 yd run by Thomas should have been blown dead after 5 yards because the linebacker two hand touched him. Even less offense than you thought.

coit

Just watched the highlights on rr.com. The 76 yd run by Thomas should have been blown dead after 5 yards because the linebacker two hand touched him. Even less offense than you thought.
I think it had to be a two handed hug.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
So he two hand touched him, whose to say if he tried to tackle him JT wouldn't have avoided the tackle? Like I said, I don't think you can really fully judge the offensive performance in a scrimmage with possible starters dispersed throughout both teams.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
So he two hand touched him, whose to say if he tried to tackle him JT wouldn't have avoided the tackle? Like I said, I don't think you can really fully judge the offensive performance in a scrimmage with possible starters dispersed throughout both teams.
It was supposed to be first team offense. Who is to say JT wouldn't have been injured by the same token?

gt2690b

PB time!
yeah i saw it in person and it looked like the LB could have dove at him to tackle him but only reached since he had a guy semi-engaging him and didnt want to land on JT... it was a terrible offensive performance all day

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Really, I didn't know it was a sports talk message board. Thanks for telling me. I just get tired of all the negativity. To me it's just nonproductive. There was so many positives about the spring game. My point is that we should dwell on that more, especially when you have players and player's family on these boards. Trust me, the Swarm can be just as bad.
Message boards are non productive. There is nothing any of us can do, either positive or negative, to affect the outcome of the games except, POSSIBLY, showing up to cheer. And we pretty much all do that.

wreckem1990

Flats Noob
The O line must improve but i have faith they will. Lets not mail it in just yet. We have some playmakers coming back this year with leggett, green, searcy etc We also get burden back for the fall and maybe devine can get his lbs down enough to be a difference maker. If not play some young kids enrolling this fall. Don't forget how bad we looked against the ööööing wofford terriers in 2014. I thought we were going to have a terrible season after that game and well we won the freaking orange bowl. GO JACKETS

GTMom

Dodd-Like
Message boards are non productive. There is nothing any of us can do, either positive or negative, to affect the outcome of the games except, POSSIBLY, showing up to cheer. And we pretty much all do that.
Actually message boards can be very informative so I wouldn't say they are completely nonproductive. If anyone here thought they could affect the outcome of the games, they would be ludicrous. But if posts are constantly negative, it does detour members from wanting to read the board. Unless, you prefer to waller in negativity which seems to be the ST MO IMO.

RaiderJacket

Varsity Lurker
2016 will be a good year. The defense will be much improved. We are loaded at all skill positions with talent and depth. We have JT as a senior. The OL will come around and while not full of 1st team ACC lineman, they will be adequate. Go read JT'S comments on how the spring progressed. Does anyone on here know more than he does?

coit

2016 will be a good year. The defense will be much improved. We are loaded at all skill positions with talent and depth. We have JT as a senior. The OL will come around and while not full of 1st team ACC lineman, they will be adequate. Go read JT'S comments on how the spring progressed. Does anyone on here know more than he does?
You don't really expect the team leader to say anything negative about the team under any circumstance do you?

jacket67

Dodd-Like
Here is the first spring game video from "longestday GT" who makes excellent film room analysis:

Last edited: