Official Spring Game thread

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
Did we show any new looks on offense from a formation or playcalling standpoint? Coach said after the UGAy game he was going to open it up some this year.

Anybody got any video to post?

In the first quarter we showed a look where the left side AB shifted back behind the BB in somewhat of an I formation, and the WR shifted in to the AB position on that side.

As the ball was snapped, the OL parted like the Red Sea and the play was blown up in the backfield. Like about 90% of the plays we ran.

GTMom

Dodd-Like
Y'all are a bunch of whiners..It was a beautiful day after 3 years of rainy spring games. It was a scrimmage. Either you're a fan that supports these kids or you're not. They had great ball control and it's too hard to tell this early on about most of it.

coit

Y'all are a bunch of whiners..It was a beautiful day after 3 years of rainy spring games. It was a scrimmage. Either you're a fan that supports these kids or you're not. They had great ball control and it's too hard to tell this early on about most of it.
Great ball control? I saw a half dozen badly thrown passes, a tipped interception and about 4 muffed center/QB exchanges. In the first half.

The weather was nice, I'll give you that.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Positives: Our OL started off well. They need endurance, but they can play. The starting BB has wheels. If we can get the OL to play more than a series without getting gassed, we should have some big runs on the dive.

JT5 is getting more distance on his shorter throwing motion he was using last year. Not many underthrown balls.

JT5 also stepped up into the pocket. That is big. He also has learned to throw the ball about 10 yards out of bounds on throw aways. No more sideline int's.

The aback pitch was open all day long. That meant the play side abacks were blocking. Don't know why the qb's weren't pitching. Maybe to afraid of fumbles.

Jerry the Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
We could have won 10 games last year if we would have gave a damn and not hung our head every time something did not go our way. If you watch enough college football, most games are won or lost on one or two plays, a mistake or a bad call. We just need some guys who will step up and hold their team mates accountable to do their jobs. When the coach talks about energy and things like that is really talking about wanting it more than the guy accross the line of scrimmage. That is the department we have come up short in lately.

Go Jackets!

GT1992

Dodd-Like
Did we show any new looks on offense from a formation or playcalling standpoint? Coach said after the UGAy game he was going to open it up some this year.

You can watch the entire game on ESPN3 or the Watch ESPN app. I would choose a smaller format so that you can't see how porous the OL is.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Positives: Our OL started off well. They need endurance, but they can play. The starting BB has wheels. If we can get the OL to play more than a series without getting gassed, we should have some big runs on the dive.

JT5 is getting more distance on his shorter throwing motion he was using last year. Not many underthrown balls.

JT5 also stepped up into the pocket. That is big. He also has learned to throw the ball about 10 yards out of bounds on throw aways. No more sideline int's.

The aback pitch was open all day long. That meant the play side abacks were blocking. Don't know why the qb's weren't pitching. Maybe to afraid of fumbles.
Starting BB has wheels? Based on what? The only BB who was worth öööö the entire game was Mills. 1st team O did absolutely nothing, save JT5's big run and the TD pass to Juene. I would chalk the lack of O up to the D playing well, but the O-Line was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful..

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
Great ball control? I saw a half dozen badly thrown passes, a tipped interception and about 4 muffed center/QB exchanges. In the first half.

Maybe she means something else by great ball control.

WracerX

Dr. Dunkingstein
Starting BB has wheels? Based on what? The only BB who was worth öööö the entire game was Mills. 1st team O did absolutely nothing, save JT5's big run and the TD pass to Juene. I would chalk the lack of O up to the D playing well, but the O-Line was dreadful. Absolutely dreadful..
My bad. 2nd team BB, which was Mills.

gtleviathan

Dodd-Like

We used the formation where the slot receiver goes into orbit motion. It seems like we use that in bunches for certain games. I guess there's a reason for that but it would be interesting to me if we could work that in randomly throughout every game. I know it threw FSU for a loop when we used it back in 2009 or whatever it was.

GT1992

Dodd-Like
My bad. 2nd team BB, which was Mills.
Not second team either when Leggett returns. Maybe another offensive lineman would have been in order rather than stocking the five deep at b back, Allen and Marshall are in that mix too.

Aluminium Stinger

Varsity Lurker
We could have won 10 games last year if we would have gave a damn and not hung our head every time something did not go our way. If you watch enough college football, most games are won or lost on one or two plays, a mistake or a bad call. We just need some guys who will step up and hold their team mates accountable to do their jobs. When the coach talks about energy and things like that is really talking about wanting it more than the guy accross the line of scrimmage. That is the department we have come up short in lately.

Go Jackets!
You're exactly right. All the losses were close games - we just didn't want it like 2014. I think the Shaq loss was huge on offense. The OL will gel and things will be fine in 2016. I still believe the problems in 2015 were more to do with all the AB, BB, and WR's being new. But, the fire Sewak camp prefers to blame the same coach from 2014 that had a monster year.

GTMom

Dodd-Like

Maybe she means something else by great ball control.
The term ball control is normally used in reference to ball carries meaning no fumbles, not in regards to passing or handoffs. There were no fumbles that I saw yesterday, is what I meant.

But I'm just a girl so how could I possibly know anything about football.

But thanks for agreeing with me on the weather and giving me that.

Y'all are still a bunch of whiners no doubt about that either.

Akinji07

Moderator you deserve
Staff member
The term ball control is normally used in reference to ball carries meaning no fumbles, not in regards to passing or handoffs. There were no fumbles that I saw yesterday, is what I meant.

But thanks for agreeing with me on the weather and giving me that.

Y'all are still a bunch of whiners no doubt about that either.
Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you

coit

Don't worry, plenty of guys don't know öööö about football. Most STers actually.

It takes quite an optimist to not be whiny after that poopfest of a game.