Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 4 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 94 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't think I can vote this week. It is hard to disapprove after the last three games but there are still a lot of wounds left to heel before I can vote approved.

I will say I am the most optimistic I've been in 5 years or so. Seeing that I was as far down as you can go after week one, that is saying something.

Kick Pitts ass and I'll be a believer that it has all clicked and we have turned the corner.

I promised to switch if they played well against UNC and they did. That’s 2 games in a row where they did well. And Simms showed signs of playing up to his physical ability. I like the trend. I approve for the first time in Collins’ tenure.

Same as first three weeks. Approve. He's responsible for recruiting, discipline, morale, and keeping coordinators accountable. If he's had a hand in helping the defense improve over the past couple weeks then that's a bonus.

Changed to Approve. Not on the train, because I don't think it has reached the station yet, but have a ticket and am waiting on the platform.

Defense is jelling - upgrade in talent and demeanor is evident. I don't expect consistency out of offense yet, but would like to see minimum 4 or 5 performances like the UNC game to feel they are where the defense is.

Some game management improvement still needed, but it's trending in right direction.

My vote hinges on this week’s performance. Can Coach Collins get the team to perform in an environment that is less exciting? These next 3 weeks are a great opportunity for us, but also a great challenge.

Approve b/c I haven't been this excited about Tech football in 5 years. I think we get 6+ wins this year if we beat Pitt, b/c once our players will have a winning attitude, we'll be competitive against anyone left on our schedule except maybe UGA and ND ... even then, we'd have a fighting chance. Most of football is mental if you have good enough athletes (and we do).

If feels like the poll works like this:

a = won this week
b = played a quality opponent

If a AND b then: Approve
If a NOT b then: I like the direction, but we'll see next week
If b NOT a then: Moral victory, but we'll see next week
else: Disapprove

Still at ‘no’. 1/4 of the season down and our record is 2-2. That is marginally better than expected as we still control our own destiny in the ACC after two league games. Clemson ‘quality loss’ downgraded to ‘loss’ after they lost to a mediocre NC State team.

I will flip to ‘approve’ with a win this weekend. I need proof that the win over UNC isn’t in the same bag as the 2020 win against Louisville (also +3 on turnovers). Beat Pitt, have two coastal wins in your pocket and things are definitely looking up. Pitt isn’t a giant. They are firmly planted in the Tennessee and Western Michigan tier. Pitts defense hasn’t kept a competent offense under 30 pts. Their offense has feasted on bad defenses.

Beat Pitt and you are teed up to make a run in the coastal. Lose and you are buried in the dung heap trying to eat your way out. And that is Pitt specialty, not ours.

I said I'd flip if we beat UNC, and we did...convincingly. I'm a man of my word. It sure looks like things are headed in the right direction. I was cautiously optimistic at the start of the season that we'd see improved play, and possibly make a bowl game. That looks like the trend. Continue to improve on this past week's performance and that might be the floor, not the ceiling. All of our remaining ACC games look at least winnable, and we should even be favored in a couple of them at this point. Let's see how they handle success.

I was a "wait and see" last week. I voted approve for this week because we've put together 2 (really 3) good game plans with good execution in a row now. At the moment, our performance seems more planned and less luck, which is a good sign.

How does this work? Just vote how I feel today? I could feel completely different next Saturday afternoon. This should be an end of season assessment, not an emotional rollercoaster governed by how the team performed the previous Saturday.

I voted approve in this silly boolean for the last 3 weeks, I don't see myself changing now

How does this work? Just vote how I feel today? I could feel completely different next Saturday afternoon. This should be an end of season assessment, not an emotional rollercoaster governed by how the team performed the previous Saturday.
Did you see who the OP is?

Back