Official Stingtalk HC Approval Poll Week 4 2021

Do you approve of the Head Coach performance?

• Yes

Votes: 94 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 29 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am still at disapprove and will be until we see consistent winning across multiple seasons. I don't feel like searching for my previous post. I liked the win this week though.

I am still at disapprove and will be until we see consistent winning across multiple seasons. I don't feel like searching for my previous post. I liked the win this week though.

I realize the poll question means different things to different people, but, to me, I can "approve" of a coaches performance while he is losing every game and I can "disapprove" of a coaches performance while he is winning every game.

I think the vote has to be taken in the context of where the program is at. Did you expect him to win 7 games a year from year one? Because it sounds like the team is underperforming according to your expectations.

I was at disprove for the first two week, and approve for the past two weeks because I see the product I expected to see on the field. I haven't been a big fan of either coordinator, but I do see progress and I will be at approve as long as I continue to see that.

I realize the poll question means different things to different people, but, to me, I can "approve" of a coaches performance while he is losing every game and I can "disapprove" of a coaches performance while he is winning every game.

I think the vote has to be taken in the context of where the program is at. Did you expect him to win 7 games a year from year one? Because it sounds like the team is underperforming according to your expectations.

I was at disprove for the first two week, and approve for the past two weeks because I see the product I expected to see on the field. I haven't been a big fan of either coordinator, but I do see progress and I will be at approve as long as I continue to see that.
Winning 3 games year 1 and 2 was pretty bad and the embarrassing nature of many of the losses was completely unacceptable. Losing to NIU cemented my skepticism of the coaching ability. That's a worse loss than beating a 2-2 UNC team is a good win.

I hope he turns it around and UNC game becomes the trend, but I will need to see results over a whole season before I approve. As it stands, I would not be renewing his contract if I were in Todd's shoes and less than 6 wins this year would result in termination.

Winning 3 games year 1 and 2 was pretty bad and the embarrassing nature of many of the losses was completely unacceptable. Losing to NIU cemented my skepticism of the coaching ability. That's a worse loss than beating a 2-2 UNC team is a good win.

I hope he turns it around and UNC game becomes the trend, but I will need to see results over a whole season before I approve. As it stands, I would not be renewing his contract if I were in Todd's shoes and less than 6 wins this year would result in termination.
5 wins would feel hollow I’ll give you that.

5 wins would feel hollow I’ll give you that.

We have 8 games left, and according to the current ESPN FPI, we are behind only UGA/ND/Miami

If we win 1 of those 3 (Miami) and 3 of the other 5, we will get to 6 wins. With the same type of effort seen the past 2 weeks, we should be able to win 7.

Tech could be top 20 right now if it weren’t for the coaches and possibly the lack of the defense we’ve seen up until the last 3 games and Jeff Sims.

We just curb stomped North Carolina when two years ago we got slapped by them. For the first time in Collins tenure I say, that wouldn’t be possible without the coaches either. If this Saturday is what I hope it is then we are dreaming of Charlotte.

I thought about abstaining, but I stuck with No. There are signs that NIU was a fluke and we’re heading in the right direction, but part of winning my approval is getting rid of the flukes and the historically bad losses.

I’m encouraged, but we need to show an actual trajectory before I’ll flip. Historically, we come out flat and get rolled in a game like this week instead of taking the next step.

JRjr

My target was 5 wins with a goal of seven(including a potential bowl win). I’ll flip to approve if we hit the target.

Ask me after the Duke game...if we win against Pitt and Duke and head into the UVA game 4-2...I will approve.... if we head into that game 2-4 maybe not so much.

My opinion is basically the same as before the season: Approve of the overall job of Collins and his approach to our program, but have some uncertainty about his X's and O's coaching. I'll have more clarity by the end of this season.

Teams don't get ranked until November, I'm reserving my vote until then. Things are looking up though.

Back