Okay Guys, Where is The Report?

ahsoisee

Dodd-Like
It is almost 6:00PM and there is no report on the scrimmage today other than the official Tech Board.

I know some of you Guys attended and need to fill the rest of us in on your observations of most of the individuals taking part in the practice.

smile.gif

Hate to say it Ah, but I doubt seriously if ANYone on this board will post a report from ANY practice after what happened in a thread started by a great practice report from GTT a few days ago. There seems to be SO much negativity and SO little positive, constructive, informative discussion on this board that most days there are maybe three or four posts here, if that many. Most of those are pasted or linked from other sources. Again, hate to say it, but this particular segment of this board has degenerated into something really sad and pathetic.

I'm holding out hope, though. Whatever happened to GT98?? He used to offer practice reports.

Hate to say it but jacketfan is right but there is a report on ramblingwreck.com site if any one wants to know.

If that is true, it sounds to me there are some people on the board that are mighty fragile.

rolleyes.gif

No not fragile, Ah. Folks just come to this board I'm guessing, like I do....to get information and intelligent, constructive discussion about their favorite college team. It's just not happening. Griping, moaning, complaining, negativity, and general tearing down of the program is NOT all that attractive. We live in the NOW. We wanna see how we can go FORWARD with the football program, not backwards when Fridge, O'Leary, McWhorter, and Dodd were here.

We haven't played a single down of football since December....there's really nothing specifically as far as onfield play to complain about. After the up and down season last year, we're looking for some kind of hope. This board for the past few weeks and really past few months has NOT been the place to find it.

frown.gif

Ahso, I hate to say it but they are correct. The negativity by some here is so strong that you can smell it all the way to San Antonio. One person who posts mightly here (over 1000 posts) turns evey topic into an anti CCG blasting and I for one do get a little tired of it as I'm sure you do as well. ?' are put to this one person he never answers and just goes on his merry way blasting every thing Tech.

Hate to say it but this board is dead (cue the pipes) You folks need to get a grip.

No, Wrong! this board is not dead! We just have to let the administration of the board know that we REAL Tech fan are not very apprecative(SP) of a few posters here who are constantly downing Tech and doing it under the guise that it's the present coaches leading us to doom and gloom and how wonderful the previous coaching staff was and all the times they took us to National Championships.

visits are up 40%+ from where they were this time last year.

There are MANY people viewing but not many posting. This is the down time and will always be the down time.

In Aug you will start to see things pick up when the players report.

With regard to our unpopular posters there is a saying "if you let them take me then there will be noone left to fight when they come for you."

However I think that things have cooled a bit and we are trying to keep the board moving forward.

*I am not familiar w/ anyone having problems logging on to the chatroom. If someone is then contact us and we will try to solve it.

JacketFanPCB, I have re-read the original post regarding practice that started all the fuss about practice reports. I have listed the comments in the latter part of this post.

After the comments, GTFan issued a thread, stating reports on practices were off limits to bickering between posters. This was proper, as it is up to the administrator to determine the rules of the board.

I can see how this will make the practice reports exclusive to information and keep any bickering out of it. I don't believe I have seen anyone break the rule since it was set by the administrator.

I assume a post on the board is always open for discussion. I have not seen any rules stating it is against the rules to question, add additional thoughts, or discuss a post. The first rule I have seen was the one on practice reports, and to my knowledge, has not been broken.

I have listed the names of many posters in the original post about a certain football practice and their quotes. None of the quotes were adding to the practice report, but all were bickering either with each other or BeeWare.

Even Tommie, who meant no harm by the final post in the thread condemned his ownself by calling everyone a clown who posted remarks other than one of practice. Calling someone a clown in the post had nothing to do with the practice report.

Even though many replies, including mine, were aimed at BeeWare, they were still part of the problem, so there were a lot of guilty parties involved in the thread.

BEEWARE
quote:
Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
Sounds like CCG and staff are really putting toughness first this year.

Begs the question.....why was toughness not first last year?

THOMSONJACKET
Thats a good question but can't worry about last year to much now ,gotta look forward to this year.

YLOJK8
while we're raking up past teams' toughness .. i have a question which begs to be asked. why wasn't our team tough under o'leary, bob, roof AND macwhorter in 2001?

JACKSONJACKET
And back off the tangent, thanks for the great report GTT! It's tough to get this kind of info in the land of Eagles/Rebels/Bulldogs

YLOJK8
ok this may seem like a rant ..

do y'all realize that stingtalk is being slowly suffocated by some fonts?

the only thing of substance posted on stingtalk about football nowadays are masterb's and GTT reports about football practice. masterb's reports are linked from the hive.

thankfully, GTT goes to the practice and asks everyone here what they would like to find out. then he posts a GREAT report about all that was requested.

it takes a <insert favorite expletive here> to come on and wonder about why toughness wasn't first priority last year implying that our coaches were deliberately encouraging a weak attitude .. or are incapable of instilling toughness .. or are plain stupid

as someone pointed out .. these reports by GTT and MasterB are labor of love. do y'all think that such crap will encourage people like GTT to share their labor of love here?

or am i way off base? am i being ridiculous? what do y'all think?

33JACKET
quote:
Originally posted by beeware:
quote:
Originally posted by Thomsonjacket:
Sounds like CCG and staff are really putting toughness first this year.
Begs the question.....why was toughness not first last year?
I'll take the bate and respond to Beeware. That is b/c Chan didn't know the team as well as he did this year

BEEWARE
quote:
Originally posted by 33jacket:
That is b/c Chan didn't know the team as well as he did this year. What begs the better question "Why wasn't O'Learys team Chan inherited tougher?"
It doesn't appear that Chan knew anything about coaching college ball last year. We were sold a bill (resume) of goods about how great he would be from day one and anybody that watched the games knows that was far from the truth.

And it wasn't a case of inheriting a team that wasn't tough. Anyone that is honest knows that Coach O'leary was tough and his teams were tough.

But it was the case of a pro coach coming in and not requiring any discipline of the team. Last year's team had just about as much discipline, hair-do's, and ear rings as a punk rock concert.....totally attributed to Chan's decision to have lax discipline.

Maybe the fact that all these reports talk about how much Chan has changed show he has finally learned something from his first year fiasco.

YLOJK8
the biggest mistake gailey made last year was to be overly reliant on BoB

MSTECHANALYSIS
quote:
Originally posted by ylojk8:
the biggest mistake gailey made last year was to be overly reliant on BoB
How do we or anyone know he was reliant on Coach O'Brien all the time? I don't know who he was reliant on but based on some of his statements after games in the paper, it sounded like he overruled offensive stuff on numerous occasions during the season.

We can only speculate unless there's some first hand knowledge from the coach himself, and I don't think he's going to come on this board and do that.

AHSOISEE
Is it safe to assume that the players Gailey coached in the pros are not as tough as the players in college?

How would coaching the pros make you immune to recognizing the toughness of players in college?

JACKETFANPCB
C'mon guys can we JUST start and KEEP talking CONSTRUCTIVELY about the FUTURE of our football program??? ANYtime, yes ANYtime somebody starts a constructive, productive, informative thread about our Jackets, it turns into this griping, complaining, bickering garbage that is SO conterproductive to what SO many fans want to see out of this and any other GT board.

Try to remember to IGNORE the folks who want to tear down our program.

Thanks!!

STATELINEJACKET
quote:
Originally posted by JacketFanPCB:
C'mon guys can we JUST start and KEEP talking CONSTRUCTIVELY about the FUTURE of our football program??? ANYtime, yes ANYtime somebody starts a constructive, productive, informative thread about our Jackets, it turns into this griping, complaining, bickering garbage that is SO conterproductive to what SO many fans want to see out of this and any other GT board.

Try to remember to IGNORE the folks who want to tear down our program.

Thanks!!
Amen! GTT gave us a report that rates an A-PLUS. He took our inputs for what we personally wanted to know about within the overall picture and delivered. Lord knows I have shared my doucts but I don't think bickering on this thread is a cool way to repay GTT.

AHSOISEE
It is my job and duty, to relply to BeeWare's remarks.

NCJACKET
ahsoisee, the most appropriate response is "JUST SHUT UP AND GO AWAY!!!"

GTTERRIFIC
I'd be out of my mind to post a report on practice and have it turn into a thread like this one has. FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=[Pat]"MasterB wasn't at practice Friday, and he will not be there today as well. I'm sure there will be some people giving some things that went on. There is always RR.com, ajc, and macon tele.

GOLDEAGLE
GTT, please don't let a couple of sour apples spoil it for the rest of us! We out-of-towners deeply appreciate the personal touch that one of our own adds to the process!

Those of you, and you know who you are, either keep adverse comments to yourself or start your own thread!

GTT, thanx again and keep up the good work!!

STATELINEJACKET
Hey GTT: I don't blame you for how you feel. I probably would stop giving reports myself if I was you. I could not understand how this thread disintergrated into a mudslinging match. Our loss.

TOMMIE
GTT you know i work on the base down here and i'm on overtime right now .Your the only practice poster i have PLEASE DON'T STOP POSTING BECAUSE OF SOME OF THESE CLOWNS.

Conclusion: When I make a post, I am making it to the board. To me, that means it is open for anyone to say anything they please unless it is forbidden by the administrator.

I do not make a post for praise, but as information, discussion, debate, etc. That is the reason I made the statement of fragile posters on the board. Unless a person wants to send a private Email to another person, I consider his remarks open to tbe board. If I am wrong, other than the rule regarding practice reports, I have not seen the rules.

I appreciate those who make observations at practice at bring those observations to the board. A remark was made about bringing all observattions into the chat room is fine, but everyone may not be available at the time the chat room is in session.

If the board is trying to keep practice reports off the board and exclusively in the chat rooms, it is setting a formula for implosion of the board. The reason fans come to a board is to be able to get information at his own time table and be able to find that information on the board.

I stand by my statement, there are some fragile posters on the board.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

ahsoisee, I don't see anyone trying to bring info from practices just to chat rooms. It's much easier forum to discuss practices. You don't see that from your perspective as well as someone that goes to practices and reports. From my point of view it's by far the best and easiest way to give information out. There has been some information given about practices since you started this thread. Yes, it's not been a new thread and any kind of "official report."

Some people have reasons for why they do things. If you want to say they are fragile that's fine. That's your take. You're not on the other end though. I don't owe you or anyone a reason for why. You're not the one reporting. You're not the one going to practices. I'm here for others to give them information, but GT is my number one concern. If you don't respect that and think some are fragile that's your opinion.

You have no idea of some things that take place off the board on the reasons for "why."

Go Jackets!

GTT, if you go back and read JacketFanPCB's first post under this thread, you will find his statement, " I doubt if anyone on this board will post a report from any practice after what happened in a thread started by a great practice report from GTT a few days ago".

My statement was in response to PCB's statement. If it is true, no one is willing to post a report due to the fact someone else will add a bickering post to it, then, that appears to me a fragile position.

I am not questioning a person's events off the board, nor a person's reasons for not posting. I merely stated a response to the statement made by PCB. His statement clearly indicated no additional reports because of bickering subposts attached to the main post.

I followed the statement, with "if that is true".

smile.gif

can you join the chat and just listen? The only other thing about it is I may not be available at the prescribed time. Thanks in advance of any comment on said subject!

GTT, some people are NEVER wrong. You might as well just not engage them in conversation.

I can see what you mean about a q&a format, like the chatroom, being a good way to report. Still, as you know, I really enjoy your reports from the field.

Originally posted by techrod:
can you join the chat and just listen? The only other thing about it is I may not be available at the prescribed time. Thanks in advance of any comment on said subject!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Techrod, yeah you can join chat and just read what's stated and not join in with conversation. Several people do just that.

Something I hope is clear with people about information given out: Can be so much more clear in chat than on the board. The main thing is addressing questions which fills the conversation with a lot of info.

Can give information here sure. Have always tried to answer questions and give recaps when I can. I know I've pulled some info in past. Felt I had reason to do so. Don't feel as though I need to get into the exact why. Doesn't mean I don't want other GT fans to have some knowledge of what takes place at practices.

Practices are hours long. What takes place in those practices is a journey over the entire spring. It's progress in motion over 15 days of work in those practices.

I wasn't there Wednesday. Was one of two practices I missed. Was there on Friday and Saturday, but not home till late Saturday. To recap what happened in two days in one report would be a monster to give it any justice at all. Meaning a monster report.

I honestly started to write one last night on Friday and Saturday. Got started on notes getting my thoughts together. Didn't take long to see this was a major undertaking.

I've tried to get some info on the board when reading posts that brought up questions that I thought I could try to answer, but last night was much easier to just have a chat. Thought it was a lot of fun too. I had a heck of a good time.

These chats are nothing new. I realize everyone can't come when there are chats.

And we THANK YOU for the chats and the information you share in them!! GREAT stuff and usually a darn good time. Usually exciting stuff is shared for us GT junkies!

That's right Belly, don't engage me in conversation, just wait for a chance to take a side with somebody else against me.

I noticed you did that the other day and sided with BeeWare against me. I followed with the remark, "birds of a feather flock together".

Feel free to attack me directly or debate me directly. You don't have to wait for someone else to do it and then side with them.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I am available anytime.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
GTT, if you go back and read JacketFanPCB's first post under this thread, you will find his statement, " I doubt if anyone on this board will post a report from any practice after what happened in a thread started by a great practice report from GTT a few days ago".

My statement was in response to PCB's statement. If it is true, no one is willing to post a report due to the fact someone else will add a bickering post to it, then, that appears to me a fragile position.

I am not questioning a person's events off the board, nor a person's reasons for not posting. I merely stated a response to the statement made by PCB. His statement clearly indicated no additional reports because of bickering subposts attached to the main post.

I followed the statement, with "if that is true".

smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes, I read his post, and I read yours. I reponded to it. It was clear the first go round.

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
That's right Belly, don't engage me in conversation, just wait for a chance to take a side with somebody else against me.

I noticed you did that the other day and sided with BeeWare against me. I followed with the remark, "birds of a feather flock together".

Feel free to attack me directly or debate me directly. You don't have to wait for someone else to do it and then side with them.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I am available anytime.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">My goodness, ahso, did someone mention your name? Or did you try on the shoe?

Back