On To Uncollins

I agree, the offense has been underwhelming. Let's get that spark back in the second most important week of the season, just to make sure we have it when the Mutts get their deserved beating.
Totally clueless speculation: Our offense looked unimaginative on Saturday because Key instructed Buster to install his Death Star offense over the last two weeks in preparation for UNC. Make it so.

Last one I saw was a guy that had an annuity from a personal injury settlement that was going to pay him $250k a year for the next 30 years. He sold it for $600k.
That is pretty stupid unless he only had 2 years to live and hated his dependents.

Time value of money, bro
Speaking of which, I watched the end of the last show that Simon Cowell hosts (America's Got Talent?). The janitor who could cover Steve Perry was amazing. And he won a million dollars. Or not. So as the show was wrapping up with the lights and confetti and what not, a disclaimer scrolled across the bottom of the screen so I paused and rewound to read it.

Turns out the MILLION dollars is paid out over FORTY years. Four decades. That works out to $25,000 per year. Depending on whether the annual payments start now or a year out and on what discount rate you use, the annuity at 5% is worth between $430k - $450k before taxes. But imagine how deflating it must be to win ONE MILLION DOLLARS to find out that after withholding, you get around $20k per year. Big deal.

But nobody can call them out for misrepresenting the value of the prize of $1M because the state lotteries have been getting away with that bullshit for decades.

Last one I saw was a guy that had an annuity from a personal injury settlement that was going to pay him $250k a year for the next 30 years. He sold it for $600k.
That's a discount rate of over 70%. If whover bought it sold it at a discount rate of 10%, they would have made $2M in one day.

Speaking of which, I watched the end of the last show that Simon Cowell hosts (America's Got Talent?). The janitor who could cover Steve Perry was amazing. And he won a million dollars. Or not. So as the show was wrapping up with the lights and confetti and what not, a disclaimer scrolled across the bottom of the screen so I paused and rewound to read it.

Turns out the MILLION dollars is paid out over FORTY years. Four decades. That works out to $25,000 per year. Depending on whether the annual payments start now or a year out and on what discount rate you use, the annuity at 5% is worth between $430k - $450k before taxes. But imagine how deflating it must be to win ONE MILLION DOLLARS to find out that after withholding, you get around $20k per year. Big deal.

But nobody can call them out for misrepresenting the value of the prize of $1M because the state lotteries have been getting away with that bullshit for decades.

Not to mention that these shows like AI, AGT, Survivor, etc have been paying $1M or something to the winners since they started 20+ years ago.

They tout it as if the winners will benefit much more than $1M from the fame they have garnered from the show. The Janitor was great and all but he stayed very close to the Journey thing (don't think he sang anything but Journey) and he clearly is not going to be marketable as a big time act. They will go on their AGT tour and get some money from that and all, but year, it is too bad they don't just stroke a check for $1M straight away for these winners. It is a drop in the bucket from their overall production costs.

Not to mention that these shows like AI, AGT, Survivor, etc have been paying $1M or something to the winners since they started 20+ years ago.

They tout it as if the winners will benefit much more than $1M from the fame they have garnered from the show. The Janitor was great and all but he stayed very close to the Journey thing (don't think he sang anything but Journey) and he clearly is not going to be marketable as a big time act. They will go on their AGT tour and get some money from that and all, but year, it is too bad they don't just stroke a check for $1M straight away for these winners. It is a drop in the bucket from their overall production costs.
The ability to cover Steve Perry and his screeching is not worth a penny to me, but that’s just me.

Tech -6 against the Brown and Clown.
Game to be televised on the CW.
I guess the ACC doesn't people to see the public ass whippin about to get handed out.

The ability to cover Steve Perry and his screeching is not worth a penny to me, but that’s just me.
Didn't Journey kick him out for being really weird?

At the Van Halen encampment at the US Festival, was there not a sign that said "No sheep. And no Journey fans"?

Didn't Journey kick him out for being really weird?
He needed hip surgery that was going to delay a tour, so they booted him and got a new guy. He seems like a fairly normal guy, if a bit reclusive - I heard some interviews with him when he resurfaced with a new album a couple of years ago.

JRjr

He needed hip surgery that was going to delay a tour, so they booted him and got a new guy. He seems like a fairly normal guy, if a bit reclusive - I heard some interviews with him when he resurfaced with a new album a couple of years ago.

JRjr
They're also Tony LaRussa's favorite band.
I hate LaRussa.
Almost as much as I hate Collins.
Bet Collins is a closet Journey fan.

Tech -6 against the Brown and Clown.
Game to be televised on the CW.
I guess the ACC doesn't people to see the public ass whippin about to get handed out.
Came here to say the same. Clown is relegated to the CW aka Peachtree TV. Very fitting.

We need some kind of props for geoffy - Band plays Money for nothin and chicks for free? Band wears Waffle House hats? Buzz has a little crappy toupee? 0-100 Elite sign?

Help me with some others

Back