One place where Tech football ranks in the top 10 - overachieving

Damn, dumbass. We’re never going to be a perennial top 10 team, unless the school itself changes. When it was apples to apples for CPJ at GSU against the same level of talent, he went 14-3 in the playoffs. Think about that, you thick headed dew claw.
Do you think Paul Johnson left Navy to come to Tech not understanding that there would be challenges, especially in the area of obtaining players? Do you think he completely misunderstood the concept of recruiting, not just at a P5 school, but at one of the most academically rigorous schools in the country. Do you think he equated Georgia Tech to the Naval Academy with respect to entrance requirements? Or do you think his ego is such that he felt he could coach at a level that didn't require top shelf athletes (and assistant coaches) to be successful?

Do you think Paul Johnson left Navy to come to Tech not understanding that there would be challenges, especially in the area of obtaining players? Do you think he completely misunderstood the concept of recruiting, not just at a P5 school, but at one of the most academically rigorous schools in the country. Do you think he equated Georgia Tech to the Naval Academy with respect to entrance requirements? Or do you think his ego is such that he felt he could coach at a level that didn't require top shelf athletes (and assistant coaches) to be successful?
I think we were his best option. /rimshot He’s also had success at Georgia Tech. He’s won an ACC championship and won one of the most respected bowls against a top 10 opponent. Just like any other quality coach who would come here, it’s going to take catching lightening in bottle to win a national title. I whole heartedly believe this is our position, and that’s what it takes to get to that level of success at Georgia Tech.

Until the school changes, we’re going to have to build great teams, not reload them.

Damn, son. We're Georgia Tech, not some goddamned high school team.

I could not begin to care less how CPJ did in the minor leagues. I never said anything about being perennial top 10, only that a system that allegedly requires 3 yrs to perfect is ööööing stupid in a 4 yr system. It's funny that it doesn't seem to take this long in the service academies and it didn't take that long for Jt5 or Nesbitt or any of the 2009 gang (and the 2008 team looked sharper in their 1st year than the 2017 team did in their 4th).

Think about that, you limp-wristed öööö chop.
Anyone who thinks it takes 3 years to learn how to run the system is either stupid or bsing you.

Anyone who thinks it takes 3 years to learn how to run the system is either stupid or bsing you.

There is "running" the system, and "running" the system. Anyone who is as good the first year as they are the third ain't tryin.

We have 6 plays, the Dive, the QB keep, the option to the AB, the quick pass to the WR, the 40 yard chunk and the QB scramble. Why it takes 3 years to learn 6 plays is beyond me.

We have 6 plays, the Dive, the QB keep, the option to the AB, the quick pass to the WR, the 40 yard chunk and the QB scramble. Why it takes 3 years to learn 6 plays is beyond me.

it doesn't. some like to think we're more smarterer on O than we actually are to excuse things when the O sputters.

Six plays? I thought the entire offense was something like 600 plays. The first couple of years all we heard was that the offense was yet to be fully installed, but when it did get installed, yeah buddy, watch out. I think we give him the benefit of the doubt and conclude that, for whatever reasons, the offense is not being fully utilized. Maybe it is lack of skill at the skill positions, maybe game conditions playing from behind or unfavorable down/distance, poor blocking, poor receiver talent. Could be a lot of things making us more vanilla than we would like to be.

Six plays? I thought the entire offense was something like 600 plays. The first couple of years all we heard was that the offense was yet to be fully installed, but when it did get installed, yeah buddy, watch out. I think we give him the benefit of the doubt and conclude that, for whatever reasons, the offense is not being fully utilized. Maybe it is lack of skill at the skill positions, maybe game conditions playing from behind or unfavorable down/distance, poor blocking, poor receiver talent. Could be a lot of things making us more vanilla than we would like to be.

:deadhorse:

Or maybe our fans don't know the difference from inside veer to midline to inside zone to belly to trap to counter option and think it's all the same "dive" play when the b back gets the ball. It's not Paul's fault y'all never played football and can't follow the intricacies of the game.

Back