Open practice - long line to get in

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
Is Tobias out there today?
Yes, and look pretty good from what I saw. The amount of reps and things happening all at once, can't see it all. Before they went to one team last segment, he got dinged up and was walking it off. He didn't come back in, but didn't seem serious.

Bluegrass_Jacket

Varsity Lurker
So we enter the Club section then are told to leave the stadium and re-enter. Follow the crowd to Calloway Plaza, huge line to get into the stadium for Fan Day. Ask the security people who say Season Ticket holders enter through the Club Section to get on the field early. Go back to Club and are then told to go back to Calloway Plaza. Tell them they sent us back to the Club, he then has to "call somebody". After 10 mins says he is unsure but just go ahead. We wait and finally get on the field. Stand in line for Coach Collins for over an hour then three security people come over and say sorry, from this point anyone in line will not get to see the coach. Its 1:00 pm at this point, people around me are none too happy. I ask the security guy how long the coach will be signing autographs, he is not sure. We get fed up and call it quits. Awesome fan experience :nono:

bandman

Damn Good Rat
We had press coverage on the corners and only 5 yards off the slot! Hooray! And they didn’t get burned much deep either.

Surprisingly few penalties and only a couple of fumbles I saw (didn’t tackle to ground so not a lot of hard hitting). Another positive - minimal unforced errors.

Everything was from the gun. I’m good with that except on third/fourth and short but we shall see what happens for real in the game.

Great energy. Lots of activity at same time including two sets of 11x11 at times. Good hustle. This is a real long-term positive. Players have to keep their heads in it.

Passing was literally hit or miss, but didn’t see balls being dropped. Ok all-in-all for early camp.

Didn’t tackle to the ground so couldn’t tell about breaking or missing tackles. Probably too early in camp to do that anyway.

My top concern on QBs is staring down primary target. Several picks because of it. Even in passing drills we don’t practice looking one way and throwing another. We all know that this isn’t a new issue. Again, it is early in camp so hopefully gets fixed. If not, Clem’s son is going to eat us alive. On flip side, DBs did great job jumping some of those routes and they were close enough to get to the ball.

All the talk about S&C looked real to me. This was the least fat showing I can recall.

Summary: a lot of positives for so early in camp. Long way to go before toe meets leather against a top team in the country. If I was a betting man (which I’m not), I’d lay the points against Clemson, but certainly take the over on winning games. I don’t see this as a below .500 team if we stay healthy and I’ve been watching us since 1977. I expect us to be good and improve as the year goes on but not great.

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
I got autographs from Collins, QB's, RB's, S, OL, LB, ST. Didn't make it to CB, DL, TE on time

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
I kid. I don’t think he’s dressed?
Yes. Tobias was there. He seemed to get dinged at some point and jogged off towards the tunnel but didn't go inside...stood around a second and came back to the group. He took some reps but Johnson and Graham got more reps. The Lantz kid (the lefty #14) can spin it as well. He had some nice throws.

daBuzz

Dodd-Like
Beautiful touchdown coach by Ezzard, hand-fighting the corner, who had outstanding coverage but still pulling in the catch. Malachi Carter also had the catch of the day on about a 30-40 yard throw to the outside where he was blanketed but reached down and to his right on the run and pulled it in right off the ground.

GTTerrific

Dodd-Like
I got autographs from Collins, QB's, RB's, S, OL, LB, ST. Didn't make it to CB, DL, TE on time
Nice. Well done. I didn't get Coach and OL, but got everyone else. Made some me new friends today. Sat with Dontea Smith's family during practice. They were a joy. Here is a pic with me and Mason's family.

Attachments

JJacket

Declared dead for tax purposes.
Nice. Well done. I didn't get Coach and OL, but got everyone else. Made some me new friends today. Sat with Dontea Smith's family during practice. They were a joy.
It goes on my office wall Monday, replacing last year's.

ramblin57

Varsity Lurker
I'm old so no lines for me, just walked through tunnel, walked over and sat in shade on lower east and watched from about 9:30 fwd.
For where they are in time with a complete new system that's not suited as we all know for a lot of personnel we have on hand, I thought they looked pretty good, but with a lot of work to do. i saw a few kids that are CGC recruits that tell me in a couple of years we will look in personnel stature very, very different. Will be a program miles and miles away from what we see today, JMO of course. I have no idea what our play will look like Aug 29th either side of the ball, as they say, "that's why you play the game". Like everyone , I'm really looking forward to seeing just how we look over the coming season. I do not have high expectations, but very excited about the longer term future of GTFB.
God willing and the creek don't rise, hope I'm around to see our next NC. Goooooooooooooooo Jackets!!!!!!

ramblin_wreck08

Class of 2012
I'm old so no lines for me, just walked through tunnel, walked over and sat in shade on lower east and watched from about 9:30 fwd.
For where they are in time with a complete new system that's not suited as we all know for a lot of personnel we have on hand, I thought they looked pretty good, but with a lot of work to do. i saw a few kids that are CGC recruits that tell me in a couple of years we will look in personnel stature very, very different. Will be a program miles and miles away from what we see today, JMO of course. I have no idea what our play will look like Aug 29th either side of the ball, as they say, "that's why you play the game". Like everyone , I'm really looking forward to seeing just how we look over the coming season. I do not have high expectations, but very excited about the longer term future of GTFB.
God willing and the creek don't rise, hope I'm around to see our next NC. Goooooooooooooooo Jackets!!!!!!
Well stated. CGC is recruiting players of a different stature and I am excited about what I see so far. It will take some time, but I’m optimistic about our future.

As for the practice, from a pure potential perspective I left most impressed by Ahmarean Brown. He seemed to run by all defenders at will and showed good hands. If he becomes a great route runner, he’s going to be a matchup nightmare for defenses on 3rd down.

Architorture23

If ur players know u luv them, then u already won.
Oliver was not in shoulder pads. He missed a couple of days with illness and NCAA makes you ramp up from shorts to shells to full pads and he doesn't have enough days active. That's also the reason the whole team wasn't in full pads... they pushed start of camp back a few days.