OPTIMISM/PESSIMISM/LOGIC

Originally posted by ramblinwise1:
Take out the 70 points in the Navy game then recompute the comparison. There is no doubt we missed the Fridge and no doubt that GOL missed the Fridge.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Why take out the Navy game? Ralph got his shot against Navy in 2000 and only managed 40. If Friedgen's offenses are so unstoppable, how come he only managed 17 points in regulation against us? Clemson got 41 - maybe we should get their OC instead.

Actually I checked the figures and defense and special teams scored 28 points in 2000 and only 14 points in 2001 (are you gonna say that was due to lack of Ralph?), so the actual difference in scoring offense was less than 1 point per game post-Ralph.

Again, I love Ralph, and I'd rather have him than O'Leary for a head coach, but so far Bill O'Brien has been spectacular and we are lucky to have him. Thank goodness Coach Gailey recognizes it, even if you don't.

Originally posted by mm42:

Thank goodness Coach Gailey recognizes it, even if you don't.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Navy was a better team in 2000 than 2001. If we just keep peeling the onion back we're just going to make a mess... However your statement that I don't appreciate O'Brien is totally unfounded. Where did I say anything like that?

I said we missed the Fridge, period.

The only reason GT would have had a better chance of beating F$U early was because GT had not lost to Climpsun yet. For the past 20 years, GT's season has pivoted on the outcome of the Climpsun game. After we lost to CU 44-47 in OT, the team was not the same and the season began its downward spiral. If GT had beaten Climpsun, it would have gone on to beat MD, UVA, UGAg & F$U without a doubt.
drinking.gif

BeeWare, again, nothing you have stated will prove Tech would have won the game had it not been for the 911 incident. It is impossible for you to offer me a post that proves this point.

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

FHStinger, I hope you made that statement tounge-in-cheek! Past history does not insure the outcome of future games. There is no way to prove GT would have beaten FSU, had it beaten Clemson.

Without a doubt? A sure thing? Come on FH!

drinking.gif
drinking.gif
drinking.gif

Back